Over at bbhub, they are reporting the November 21st launch of the 8700c is being ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

MegaBit no está en línea Stack level 2

8700c Launch Delayed

Advertisement

Over at bbhub, they are reporting the November 21st launch of the 8700c is being delayed due to Cingular's network updates and other refinements to the 8700c. No date has been set yet:

"The new launch date is to be set later in the week and will be based on technical acceptance and expected inventory arrival at distribution centers"

Bummer

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B
    That really sucks. That seems to say that build quality isn't good. I find it hard to believe that RIM would ship something subpar, given their history.

napaBB no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300677a3
    I got the confirmation back from my Cingular rep that the Nov 21st date has been pushed back and no new date was given. Man, they really know how to crush your hopes of seeing a new device soon.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    being a former employee of Cingular. I'm not surprised if they are beind on network updates. The same thing happened with the 7230 when it was first release over the 7210.

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc
    Wow, that really is bad news. I was pretty pumped about the release of the new device. With all the talk about there not being a bb killer, it would really be a shame if BB was it's own enemy.
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

bbman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hydn,

That was what I wanted to tell you this morning. The offical is we discovered some firmware device glitches that needed to be address before launch. Sometimes, we dont get some of the bugs until, we put a device out into the feild with employees. There is only so much the lab can catch. It better to launch a stable product, than to go though the Treo Nightmare again.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I was reading on Engadget that some people think they will wait till Nov. 25th. Which is the biggest shopping day of the year. How convenient if they do huh?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    anymore word on this?

bbman no está en línea Stack level 1
    On November 1, 2005, Cingular announced the BlackBerry 8700c availability for later in November. Please note that the scheduled 11/21 launch of the BlackBerry 8700c is briefly delayed. Due to network improvements by Cingular brought about by integration, enhancements to the handheld code are necessary and will require additional testing. A new launch date of the BlackBerry 8700c will be set later in the week based on technical acceptance and expected inventory arrival in Cingular distribution centers.

BlackBerry Pre-ordering Now Available: In order to facilitate the smooth introduction of this new product, we have activated the BlackBerry 8700c sku in both blue and orange systems to support pre-orders. Those orders that are submitted prior to availability in the NDC will be accepted and passed into backorder status for fulfillment once product is received and launched in late November.

Pre ordering is only for Business Customers only at this time as far as I know. You Either have to have a business account manager or Call to the Direct Business Customer care center.
    Last edited by bbman; 11-18-2005 at 01:41 AM.