Hi everyone. I've searched all over the internet to try to find an answer to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

themeliorist no está en línea Stack level 1

8700c Lags

Advertisement

Hi everyone. I've searched all over the internet to try to find an answer to this problem but I have been unsuccessful. I have an 8700c with OS 4.5.0.52. I have 30,611,120 bytes free and only two third party applications: Mobipocket Reader and Google Maps. Previously I had a couple games.

When I start the BB up it works fine until I use the internet browser or Google Maps. Then within a minute or so it starts lagging. It's extremely steady, going about three seconds fine and then freezing for one second. During the one second of freeze anything typed on the keyboard will not appear, but will show up when it resumes working normally for three seconds, BUT the trackwheel and escape buttons just don't work at all one second out of every four; I find myself having to click repeatedly to get them to work. Once I close whatever application I'm using the lag continues, even on the home screen. It doesn't stop until the BB has been allowed to rest for around an hour. Every now and then while using the browser the BB will just shut off. I use the alarm to wake up in the morning and three times in the past week it has failed to go off. Even the screen turning on and off and adjusting for light is really slow. All of these symptoms have been going on about a week. It was fine before that.

I've tried battery and SIM card pulls. At one point I wiped the device, removed all third party apps, and removed a bunch of the apps that came with it. While it was in this fairly blank state, while running the default theme, it was still lagging. I've since restored and that didn't make a difference either way.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try clearing the browser cache, cookies, and history (Go to the browser and select Options then Cache Operations). Then exit to the home screen and hold the ALT key and press L G L G. Or go to the Security Settings and select Memory Cleaning and select Clean Now.

Thanks, but I've tried all of that and none of it has made a difference. Could it be spyware or something?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's very hard to get spyware on a BlackBerry. Maybe Google Maps is the problem. I noticed you said your BB runs slow whenever you start this up.

Yeah, it does. But it also runs slowly whenever I use the Browser. And when I had wiped the device and removed Google Maps, as well as all other third party apps, it still lagged in exactly the same way. Also, I had Google Maps (and used it very frequently for my job) for quite some time without any sort of lagging before this issue developed.

More symptoms:

If the phone is currently lagging and I try to place a phone call it automatically reboots. If the phone is not lagging and I place a phone call, it works fine but after I hang up a quiet, regular clicking noise appears in the front speaker and continues for about 20 minutes. If I place a phone call while the clicking is happening it goes away during the call but reappears again afterward.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    How long have you been using this device? It could be the device is just getting old, I do get the 1 second lag time on my 8820 at time but I have never had the alarm fail before, even when I use to have an 8700c it worked perfect even after I updated to the latest OS

I think it just may be time to upgrade...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've had this one for just a few months. It's my second 8700c. I liked the first one so much that when its day finally came I got another.

This morning I set a separate alarm clock to wake me up, but kept the phone alarm on to see if it would go off. When I woke up I checked the phone. The alarm was going off but no sound was coming out.