Hi all: I have a 8700c that has internet connectivity issues when I'm out of ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

TheJerk no está en línea Stack level 2

8700c internet connectivity issues when roaming?

Advertisement

Hi all:

I have a 8700c that has internet connectivity issues when I'm out of my normal service area...I feel it is most likely a simple setting as I can power the phone off/on and the internet will then work. Is this a known issue? Is there a simple fix?

It is not a signal strength issue or a EDGE vs GMS issue, the phone will say EDGE and have full signal sometimes and still require a power down to make things happen...

OS 4.2 and obviously ATT.

Thanks for any insight...

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I have found on the 8703's that the phones will fall out of 1XEV and not want to come back when they are roaming. What I have done is have the user reprovision the device and 9 times out of 10 that will fix the problem. In your case because you have a GSM phone you can try to go to options>advanced options>host routing table>register now and that has helped for me. I don't know how it works exactly but this was taught to me by an att rep. Other than that rebooting the phone has always been the sure fire way to resolve that issue.

TheJerk no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks, I sort of did that through another roundabout way...I was looking at different things and went into a trouble shooting option (its been a few days since I worked with it) and somehow that automatically registered me on the network. And things did seem to work better after that. The reason I know it was similar is that I just did your method and it gave me the same registration message.

I will try this since it is a little easier to find (I was just trying to figure out how I got it to register before and I am unable to do so).

Thanks again...