I'm a BB newbie and just got a 8700c. I am having problems with the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bdeolazo no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8700c holster prevents backlight from dimming

Advertisement

I'm a BB newbie and just got a 8700c. I am having problems with the backlighting staying on when I holster the BB.

When I place the BB in the holster, the holster seems to push either the P or Q key, and I get a screen comes up saying "Assign a Speed Dial to the P key?". Then the backlight stays on, and never dims. When I take it out of the holster, I have to escape that screen... a minor annoyance.

I've tried locking the keypad first before holstering. When placed in the holster, the screen says "Keypad is locked. Press * + Send Key to unlock." Again, the backlight stays on, and never dims.

There are no backlight issues when out of the holster. I've tried adjusting settings and backlight timing, but nothing seems to do the trick. I don't want my screen to get burned out. Any ideas?

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

Re: 8700c holster prevents backlight from dimming

I can't say that I had problems like yours, but I can totally see what you mean about some of these keys get pushed in the whole time when it is in your holster.
    In my case, the holster that came with my BB 8700 was constantly leaving scratch marks, CAP button and some others spots.
    I didn't like the fact that everytime my BB goes into the holster, I am getting another scracht mark.
    I'd say the best way is to go down to the nearest T-Mobile store, and get a leather holster for $20. It even has a neat T mark on it.
    Now I don't have to hear that "CLICK" sound when I put my BB in my holster. What a difference a 20 dollar bill makes....!

gamorrisiii no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    314F1ac1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You guys are putting it in the holster backwards it is supposed to go keyboard in not out and you won't have a problem

williammuk no está en línea Stack level 2

And there is a little magnet on the holster that will shut off the display when it is inserted correctly. Like gamorrisiii said, the keyboard is supposed to face inwards.

I don't know what holsters you guys get over there but in my country, we get a fabric holster for 8700 and a plastic one for 8707. In any case, the screen/keyboard faces inwards.

bdeolazo no está en línea Stack level 1

LOL! Thanks for the help to my newbie question... duh. That's different from some of the non-BB phones that I've had. Somehow I knew it was "operator error."

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

just put the bb in the right way and you should be good to go
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

crinstack no está en línea Stack level 1

This was *exactly* my problem, too. I was putting my 8700 in the holster backwards and also had a backlight that would never go out! Thanks for clearing this up.