I was messing around with my 8700C. I tried to Wipe the Handheld. It took ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

zicosonic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

8700C Boot Up

Advertisement

I was messing around with my 8700C. I tried to Wipe the Handheld. It took more than 15 minutes so i took the battery of in the middle.

Now it would not boot up. The main screen has the sand time thing which keeps on moving .... but it doesnt boot up.

Any ideas how to take care of this problem.
    Will check back in an hour.

Thanks

tutenstein no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm curious as to how this ends up. I know when I had my 8703e and wiped it, the screen would dim, but it only took about a minute or two.

Hopefully taking out the battery while it was being wiped didn't harm it in any way.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    i took out the battery couple of times. But nothing would happen. Still isnt booting. I have left the 8700 switched on, but it is still stuck at the initial screen.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    I had my 8700c lock up during a restore, and did the same thing. Got sorta the same result. I finally took the battery out, went out side and cursed alot. Came back five minutes later, put my batter backing and plug it in to the usb cable and walked away. I was gone for about 10 min and came back and mine was fine. I am not saying this was a fix, but this how mine worked out.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Only only thing that i didnt try was plugging it back into my computer. The rest, i have kpt it on for almost an hour and it is doing the same thing it was doing an hour ago.

I hope it works, I am not certain what fixed mine. I was just in a panic at the thought of losing my BB until I could scrape nickels to get a new one

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yup. U were right. I connected it to the computer. And in 5 minutes it came right up. Dude this site is awesome ...

Thanks bro

You are very welcome
    Not sure what difference connecting to the PC makes, but hey it worked and that is what matters in the end.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Dude, i was scared for a minute, that do i have to go to Cingular to get it fixed or what. Cuz i am on T-Mobile and i have an an unlocked 8700C