Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks. Wonder if the camera api is accessible to develop barcode applications. On the subject ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

GooGaYa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20167A3C

Advertisement

Thanks.
    Wonder if the camera api is accessible to develop barcode applications.

On the subject of developing, do you know where one can purchased an unlocked BB 8700g (GSM) to develop apps?
    thanks in advance,
    -GooGaYa
    http://googaya.com/i/web/

barjohn no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the welcome! Just a point of info. I work for the government and constantly run into the "Do you have a camera on that phone?" issue when I go to different government facilities (mostly DoD). So I thought I would check to see if there is a DoD policy that prohibits camera phones. Guess what? There is not DoD policy that I have been able to locate the prohibits them. It only requires that the local DAA ( that's the person locally responsible fo security) 1) permit the devices and 2) the device is registered with the DAA so that they know you have one. Much to my amazement the policy directive (8100.2) actually states that they are allowed in areas where classified work is taking place provided that the DAA certifies that they are necessary to the job function.

My guess, and it is purely a guess is that there probably was a policy at one time that precluded them and many DAAs just stuck with the old policy as the safe thing to do. Does it make sense to prohibit the camera phones from areas that have no classified information when the carriers have a security clearance? Can they not be trusted to not use the camera phone in an inappropriate way? You can take a camera phone into the House or Senate office buildings and they have plenty of spaces within where classified info exists and classified meetings are taking place. ANYONE can do this, not just trusted employees. I think you can see the inconsistency.
    John

For Reviews on Smartphones and Bluetooth Headsets see BarJohn Reviews IT at:
    http://www.barjohn.com

jaeide no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2029c782

Re: 8700 with Cam!

I think the cam on the 8700 would be cool... I have a 7100t and use my Zire 72 for games, realplayer, and the cam. It has video capabilities as well...I love to catch the guy sitting across from me sleeping at least 3 times a day. It's hilarious!

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

RIM definatlly needs to offer some of the features that consumers are demanding for on their phones (ie. camera, video, audio, voice dialing, etc). I am not suggesting that they have all these features available on every model. But they need to have atleast one model that does provide these features. If BlackBerry doesn't provide it, we all know Microsoft would love to steal that market share away from RIM. Hopefully BlackBerries wont become the next Netscape...

Doug

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~what's Netscape? Just kidding, I was still using Netscape until about three months ago when I finaly switched over to firefox.

That notwithstanding, I agree that MS would love to steal that part of the market. What's the point of all the different bb models if you can't get these other options?

Perhaps this is off track; but I'd love to see RIM & Google team up and crush MS. Just a thought.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

A camera would be at the bottom of my list for new features. I'm all for new features as long as they don't infringe on handheld reliability. Voice dialing and MP3 support would be at the top of my list. Bluetooth tethering as well. Some form of memory card expansion would be nice as well.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I had the Sidekick with a camera on it. I really did not use it much. My husband seems to think a camera on the phone is cool.

Malfo no está en línea Stack level 3

I'd love a camera on it, but not if it would take away from what's an already awesome device.
    ~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

I think RIM should make a removable camera. Plug it into the mini USB port, snap pictures and email them, then detatch when at work, so security doesn't take your BB. That's my million dollar idea. (Copyright 2006!!!)

luckenbach no está en línea Stack level 1

I think a cam has its place, Could be useful for people that maybe need one IE Relaters, Inspectors, Law Enforcement, Insurance adjusters/Estimators, etc etc

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I personally would like to have a camera on the phone for some of the reasons listed above. I have a digital camera however I don't want to lug it around with me everywhere I go. It would be nice for things that happen that you want to get a picture of, but my main thing would be for work. Since I work in the car business, it would be great to be able to take a picture of a car at the auction or on another lot. However, I would want the ability to take that picture and attatch it to an email or a pin so that it could be sent to whoever I was needing to send it to instantly. Just my 2 cents.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

While a camera would be a nice function, I certainly don't see it as essential for me. The ONLY way I would even want one is if it were 3 or 4+ megapixel. I had a camera phone once and the crappy 1.3 megapixel pics would have looked better if a 3 year old had drawn them!

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

I used to have an Ipaq 6515 with the camera and I didn't take great photos and I would choose not to have a camera. I would rather have my digital camera versus a 1.3 mp camera hogging up memory on my phone. But thats my opinion....

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

RIM is putting out a consumer model next year with a SD card and Camera just to let you all know.. the 8700 or anyother model does have a usb port.. if anyone could find the time you can actually desgn a program and gget it to read a sd card.. Hint Hint.. come on lol if i could figure out how to do it i would by now.. they hardest part is i need schematics so i could see how to route some power to the usb to power the card reader

faaltoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B3E82

I need an MP3 player for sure.
    Camera is not such a big thing for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast