Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did that subject catch your attention? If so would you prefer if the 8700 had ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Post 8700 with Cam!

Advertisement

Did that subject catch your attention? If so would you prefer if the 8700 had a built in Camera? State your reasons why you answer either way.

I'll save my view till later.

ChrisLuce no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23C3780A

Re: 8700 with Cam!

Naaaaa, I would not ever use the camera. I have a nice Digital Camera that takes excellent pictures.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    Blackberry Curve 8310

PIN: 208308EF

rjharary no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2038fe53

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    Did that subject catch your attention? If so would you prefer if the 8700 had a built in Camera? State your reasons why you answer either way.

I'll save my view till later.
    I think the blackberry is a great business tool so no i would not want it to have a camera. phone cameras are glitchy too!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

I agree i own great digi cams but never invested in a cam phone. It's like buying a Jeep for offroad that has only 2 inches ground clearance to me.

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

I would never use or buy a camera phone. While I am sure there are arguments that support a business function for such a device. It would not influence me one way or another. I also have a very nice Digital Camera that could never be replaced with a cam phone.

On the other hand if I could ask for one non-business utility it would be an Mp3 player with Bluetooth ear buds. I am sure that would get the hardcore no nonsense business types in an uproar. god forbid should we listen to music.
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

PIN/ID
    2038fe53

Quote Originally Posted by tweber78
    I would never use or buy a camera phone. While I am sure there are arguments that support a business function for such a device. It would not influence me one way or another. I also have a very nice Digital Camera that could never be replaced with a cam phone.

On the other hand if I could ask for one non-business utility it would be an Mp3 player with Bluetooth ear buds. I am sure that would get the hardcore no nonsense business types in an uproar. god forbid should we listen to music.
    God forbid! haha

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

That would be pretty kool to have a cam on the 8700, but only if they can make is small enough so its not too bulky. That would be kool. = )
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

PIN/ID
    2038fe53

its cool for "i just saw a car flip over and heres proof" type of pictures but thats it.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rjharary
    its cool for "i just saw a car flip over and heres proof" type of pictures but thats it.
    i actually did that with my ipaq 6315.

I am not a fan of the picture messaging. I never use it if i had it.

but it is good for things like accidents and proof that you are where you say you are.

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

I vote audio capability over camera.

barjohn no está en línea Stack level 2
    Even though I am not a big fan of camera phones and until the government establishes a clear policy allowing them they can be of real value IF, and I mean IF the the quality was dramatically improved. There are times when you are working as a team and one person is writing on the whiteboard and you have all of these notes on the board from your brainstorming session...CLICK a quick picture, send to everyone and now you have the infor without someone having to transcribe the board. You are at a presentation and you see a slide of info that you want to quickly capture without have to write it all down and lose listening to what the speaker is saying...CLICK you got it.

In other words, there are good legitimate business uses that could make everyone's life a little easier but like all good tools they can be missused and it is the fear of misuse that keeps it out of the business world. Some of you may remember when copy machines were viewed that way. Today, we couldn't live without them. Remember when everyone thought color copiers would be a boon to counterfeiting?
    John

For Reviews on Smartphones and Bluetooth Headsets see BarJohn Reviews IT at:
    http://www.barjohn.com

mrpink57 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320F8773
    I wouldnt mind a camera on my BB, there are times where it would be nice to take a pic. Since I do not carry a digi cam on me. But as BarJohn said it would have to be good quality camera in the first place or else its useless.

pink
    Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

PIN/ID
    2038fe53
    Barjohn, welcome to pinstack! For those of you who dont know... Barjohn is a very educated blackberry dude and deserves a nice welcome.

drgoodtymes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    A camera and a blackberry, sounds like a blind guy with a BMW, okay maybe not quite that dramatic, cameras don't have a place in a cell phone! Besides RIM has too many contracts with Goverment Agencies to add that kind of security leak just wouldn't work.

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc
    Quote Originally Posted by rjharary
    Barjohn, welcome to pinstack! For those of you who dont know... Barjohn is a very educated blackberry dude and deserves a nice welcome.
    Welcome, Barjohn!!!!!
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast