Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just upgraded to an 8700c -- didn't want to spend the extra $$$ for ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

8700 vs. newer models

Advertisement

I just upgraded to an 8700c -- didn't want to spend the extra $$$ for a curve as I really have no use for the multimedia features. My question is -- why are you sticking to the 8700 (which I love) instead of upgrading? Make me feel good about my decision not to buy a Curve right now!

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: 8700 vs. newer models

The cost. I got my 8700c refurb for cheap and I plan on sticking with it until later this year or early 08. My 8700c does everything I require of a BB right now.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

i had a 8700 but the curve is so much better i dont wanna make oyu feel bad ok well when i had the 8700 it was great!!!!!! have funn with it

arnagorski no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d3cf1a

my dad has a curve and I just bought an 8700 for a quarter of the price with no contract. It's been working great and the side wheel is soooo much better than the trackball in my opinion!

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3

My 8700 is my first bb and I love the thing! As long as you have the updated OS on it, you can at least listen to .wav attachments to your email (handy with my VOIP phone that sends an email with the voicemail file attached to it so I can get voicemail from anywhere with my bb). The only thing I do wish it had was a cam, but for the price I'll do without! Besides, I have 2 other cells with cams on them so it's not a really big deal.

I do plan to upgrade to the wi-fi bb when my current contract is up. But until then, I'm sticking with my 8700.

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC

I never feeling regrets that I got 8700g. Its not downgrade. So I was used to have curve before. I played with 8300 unlocked and 8700. They are same foam factor, but curve had more imporvement feature than 8700. I sent it back to att. I return to 8700g. 8700 is best device and foam factor!

NO FEELING REGRETS AT ALL ABOUT 8700 YOU GOT! your decision is right!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I love my 8700 and will cry real tears when I give it up. I've had it a year and 1/2 and only had to reformat once. I passed on the Pearl because I'm not a big suretype fan. Passed on the 8800 because I didn't see a reason to switch. (BTW, I'm with TMO so new models have not been coming fast & furius). That being said, once the GPS/WiFi BB comes out, bye-bye 8700.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    I just upgraded to an 8700c -- didn't want to spend the extra $$$ for a curve as I really have no use for the multimedia features. My question is -- why are you sticking to the 8700 (which I love) instead of upgrading? Make me feel good about my decision not to buy a Curve right now!
    If you don't need the Curve's features then why worry about it? Picking a BB model is all about choosing the one with the features that you need/want.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

the die hards like the trackwheel (rather than the newer trackball) and the fact the 8700 still comes with the classic, plastic holster (belt clip).

Otherwise, um, it's a BlackBerry and it works?
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

I sold my 8800 last week and I'm going to pick up another 8700g today. I keep going back to it. I like the keys and the screen, and I'm not sure I'm really thrilled abouth the trackball. Plus, I like the size and the weight. I felt like I was going to break the 8800. My work gave me an 8703 to test for 60 days. My branch is going to all BB's soon. Having the 8800 next to the 8703 was a good chance to compare. I bought the 8800 thinking all the multimedia woould be cool as hell, but then never used it. I used all the organizer stuff just the same as I did on the 8700.
    Andy

Fugubear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76CC1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm quite happy with my 8700g. I think the thing I miss the most from my phone was the voice dialing feature. Other than that, this thing blows away every other handheld I've ever had. I love email anywhere and internet to go. I will upgrade when the 8820 comes out, don't mind spending the money because I got my 8700 for free!!!

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by xxchixorxx
    My 8700 is my first bb and I love the thing! As long as you have the updated OS on it, you can at least listen to .wav attachments to your email (handy with my VOIP phone that sends an email with the voicemail file attached to it so I can get voicemail from anywhere with my bb). The only thing I do wish it had was a cam, but for the price I'll do without! Besides, I have 2 other cells with cams on them so it's not a really big deal.

I do plan to upgrade to the wi-fi bb when my current contract is up. But until then, I'm sticking with my 8700.
    lol are you using vonage? I love that I can listen to my voicemail from my home phone on my bb.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    I love my 8700 and will cry real tears when I give it up. I've had it a year and 1/2 and only had to reformat once. I passed on the Pearl because I'm not a big suretype fan. Passed on the 8800 because I didn't see a reason to switch. (BTW, I'm with TMO so new models have not been coming fast & furius). That being said, once the GPS/WiFi BB comes out, bye-bye 8700.

same here. I love my 8700 (had a pearl first but wanted the full qwerty) but when the curve with wifi comes out im gonna upgrade

dimples743 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

can someone please tell can I listen to music on my 8700c?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by Schufly
    I sold my 8800 last week and I'm going to pick up another 8700g today. I keep going back to it. I like the keys and the screen, and I'm not sure I'm really thrilled abouth the trackball. Plus, I like the size and the weight. I felt like I was going to break the 8800. My work gave me an 8703 to test for 60 days. My branch is going to all BB's soon. Having the 8800 next to the 8703 was a good chance to compare. I bought the 8800 thinking all the multimedia woould be cool as hell, but then never used it. I used all the organizer stuff just the same as I did on the 8700.
    ahh, I see.

no backsies. *holds on to 8700 tightly*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast