Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

I just upgraded to an 8700c -- didn't want to spend the extra $$$ for ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

  1. #1
    cyberspastic's Avatar
    cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,247

    8700 vs. newer models

    Advertisement



    I just upgraded to an 8700c -- didn't want to spend the extra $$$ for a curve as I really have no use for the multimedia features. My question is -- why are you sticking to the 8700 (which I love) instead of upgrading? Make me feel good about my decision not to buy a Curve right now!

  2. #2
    jrockett's Avatar
    jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    962

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    The cost. I got my 8700c refurb for cheap and I plan on sticking with it until later this year or early 08. My 8700c does everything I require of a BB right now.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

    Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

    Follow me on Twitter!


  3. #3
    toymachinejg's Avatar
    toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    24232f19
    Posts
    309

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    i had a 8700 but the curve is so much better i dont wanna make oyu feel bad ok well when i had the 8700 it was great!!!!!! have funn with it

  4. #4
    arnagorski's Avatar
    arnagorski no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PIN/ID
    23d3cf1a
    Posts
    35

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    my dad has a curve and I just bought an 8700 for a quarter of the price with no contract. It's been working great and the side wheel is soooo much better than the trackball in my opinion!

  5. #5
    xxchixorxx's Avatar
    xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    134

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    My 8700 is my first bb and I love the thing! As long as you have the updated OS on it, you can at least listen to .wav attachments to your email (handy with my VOIP phone that sends an email with the voicemail file attached to it so I can get voicemail from anywhere with my bb). The only thing I do wish it had was a cam, but for the price I'll do without! Besides, I have 2 other cells with cams on them so it's not a really big deal.

    I do plan to upgrade to the wi-fi bb when my current contract is up. But until then, I'm sticking with my 8700.

    *~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

  6. #6
    XBGM3R's Avatar
    XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC
    Posts
    162

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    I never feeling regrets that I got 8700g. Its not downgrade. So I was used to have curve before. I played with 8300 unlocked and 8700. They are same foam factor, but curve had more imporvement feature than 8700. I sent it back to att. I return to 8700g. 8700 is best device and foam factor!


    NO FEELING REGRETS AT ALL ABOUT 8700 YOU GOT! your decision is right!

  7. #7
    ljbyar's Avatar
    ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    7,818

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    I love my 8700 and will cry real tears when I give it up. I've had it a year and 1/2 and only had to reformat once. I passed on the Pearl because I'm not a big suretype fan. Passed on the 8800 because I didn't see a reason to switch. (BTW, I'm with TMO so new models have not been coming fast & furius). That being said, once the GPS/WiFi BB comes out, bye-bye 8700.

  8. #8
    takeshi's Avatar
    takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    I just upgraded to an 8700c -- didn't want to spend the extra $$$ for a curve as I really have no use for the multimedia features. My question is -- why are you sticking to the 8700 (which I love) instead of upgrading? Make me feel good about my decision not to buy a Curve right now!
    If you don't need the Curve's features then why worry about it? Picking a BB model is all about choosing the one with the features that you need/want.

  9. #9
    Aroc's Avatar
    Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    24431D74
    Posts
    147

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    the die hards like the trackwheel (rather than the newer trackball) and the fact the 8700 still comes with the classic, plastic holster (belt clip).

    Otherwise, um, it's a BlackBerry and it works?
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

  10. #10
    Schufly's Avatar
    Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    471

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    I sold my 8800 last week and I'm going to pick up another 8700g today. I keep going back to it. I like the keys and the screen, and I'm not sure I'm really thrilled abouth the trackball. Plus, I like the size and the weight. I felt like I was going to break the 8800. My work gave me an 8703 to test for 60 days. My branch is going to all BB's soon. Having the 8800 next to the 8703 was a good chance to compare. I bought the 8800 thinking all the multimedia woould be cool as hell, but then never used it. I used all the organizer stuff just the same as I did on the 8700.
    Andy

  11. #11
    Fugubear's Avatar
    Fugubear no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PIN/ID
    23D76CC1
    Posts
    24

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm quite happy with my 8700g. I think the thing I miss the most from my phone was the voice dialing feature. Other than that, this thing blows away every other handheld I've ever had. I love email anywhere and internet to go. I will upgrade when the 8820 comes out, don't mind spending the money because I got my 8700 for free!!!

  12. #12
    husnain1's Avatar
    husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    24456390
    Posts
    603

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    Quote Originally Posted by xxchixorxx
    My 8700 is my first bb and I love the thing! As long as you have the updated OS on it, you can at least listen to .wav attachments to your email (handy with my VOIP phone that sends an email with the voicemail file attached to it so I can get voicemail from anywhere with my bb). The only thing I do wish it had was a cam, but for the price I'll do without! Besides, I have 2 other cells with cams on them so it's not a really big deal.

    I do plan to upgrade to the wi-fi bb when my current contract is up. But until then, I'm sticking with my 8700.
    lol are you using vonage? I love that I can listen to my voicemail from my home phone on my bb.

  13. #13
    husnain1's Avatar
    husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    24456390
    Posts
    603

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    I love my 8700 and will cry real tears when I give it up. I've had it a year and 1/2 and only had to reformat once. I passed on the Pearl because I'm not a big suretype fan. Passed on the 8800 because I didn't see a reason to switch. (BTW, I'm with TMO so new models have not been coming fast & furius). That being said, once the GPS/WiFi BB comes out, bye-bye 8700.

    same here. I love my 8700 (had a pearl first but wanted the full qwerty) but when the curve with wifi comes out im gonna upgrade

  14. #14
    dimples743's Avatar
    dimples743 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PIN/ID
    2287
    Posts
    1

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    can someone please tell can I listen to music on my 8700c?

  15. #15
    blackninja's Avatar
    blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: 8700 vs. newer models

    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly
    I sold my 8800 last week and I'm going to pick up another 8700g today. I keep going back to it. I like the keys and the screen, and I'm not sure I'm really thrilled abouth the trackball. Plus, I like the size and the weight. I felt like I was going to break the 8800. My work gave me an 8703 to test for 60 days. My branch is going to all BB's soon. Having the 8800 next to the 8703 was a good chance to compare. I bought the 8800 thinking all the multimedia woould be cool as hell, but then never used it. I used all the organizer stuff just the same as I did on the 8700.
    ahh, I see.

    no backsies. *holds on to 8700 tightly*


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •