Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by tprime ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~With Zen theme you don't have to disable dialing ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: 8700 Shortcuts

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tprime
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~With Zen theme you don't have to disable dialing from home screen
    Don't have to delete the home screen dialing for what? The above shortcuts? If so on yours, which version of Zen are you using?

If you press and hold A with the home screen dialing on, it will ask if you want to do a shortcut. W and it will automatically dial voicemail, etc.

If you know of a way to do it without disabiling the home screen dialing, how?

Alt+key doesn't work.

cronkster54 no está en línea Stack level 1

My one button shortcuts were working on my 8700c, but now do not work. I have looked through all the options and don't see anything strange. Any ideas? Thanks

cronkster54 no está en línea Stack level 1

Answered my own question....I think...."Dial from Home Screen" must be disabled for any of the shortcuts to work. However I could have sworn the non-numeric shortcuts like "M" for messages was working before even with "Dial from home screen" enabled.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

cronkster54, Welcome to PinStack.

Don't Think that they were. Dial from Home Screen must be off for any Homescreen short cut to work.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

On my 8703e there is no "w" shortcut, the "b" will fire up the browser though. Probably becuase I'm w/ Verizon.
    PIN - 24053627

alextabet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA6EFE

Here's another helpful shortcut:

If you guys have 35 or + Icons on the home screen like I do then you would probably love this.

If you hold down ALT and go up and down with the trackwheel then it will highlight icons by rows! =)

Or you could just hold ALT and click the trackwheel, and then move applications around (Put the ones you dont use on the bottom and the ones you use most on top! =)

Hope this helps anyone!!

officer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244a6afa

thanks...i've used "search" on numerous occasions to find some of these. There is also a shortcut to turn off wireless. I had accidentally hit it a couple of times but can't remember which combo it was.
    Buck!!!
    Always somewhere else

gmmt no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I am new to the BB 8700g.. I had the '1' key assigned to voicemail automatically.. when I pressed that key and held it down it would dial the voicemail. after doing an upgrade to new OS version that functionality has gone. How do I reassign that key to voicemail? I dont believe the speed dial list was populated.. it just worked before by holding the '1' key down. Many thanks for the help.

Cheers,
    g

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ works on 8800. Wooo

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Great info. Wish I knew about this earlier. Works great. Thank you.

TheGrinch no está en línea Stack level 1

OK, guys. I've got an interesting problem. Most of my shortcut keys work, however two (that I'm aware of so far) don't work on my 8800, nor did they work on my 8700g prior. They are the Alt+O to view outgoing messages, & the Alt+I to view incoming messages.

Besides the IT Policies being appplied, the device is straight out of the box. Any ideas why they wouldn't work? I checked the Search/Recall options & the only entry is for Voicemail.

Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Good onw Grinch, I'm afraid I'm in over my head on that one. On the topic of shortcuts I've also noticed that the shortcut keys are also different based on your theme. On Insight the original list definitely applies. On the Vodafone theme (in Australia) "C" is actually "contacts" (addresses), "P" for "phone" (Call Log), "I" for "settings" (options), "A" is "applications" (calculator, pictures, password keeper, etc.) That seems to be the only major differences on the Voda theme...
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Quote Originally Posted by gmmt
    Hi, I am new to the BB 8700g.. I had the '1' key assigned to voicemail automatically.. when I pressed that key and held it down it would dial the voicemail. after doing an upgrade to new OS version that functionality has gone. How do I reassign that key to voicemail? I dont believe the speed dial list was populated.. it just worked before by holding the '1' key down. Many thanks for the help.

Cheers,
    g
    Create an entry in your address book and put your Voice Mail / Phone number in it and then assign the speed dial button 1/W. I had the same thing happen and I did this to fix it.

mocerino no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31801AC9

ok, by the way just to let everyone know... you dont have to disable dialing from the homescreen for these shortcuts to work. if you press num and the shortcut key, it will work. for example, num + a will give you the phone book. num+f is profiles. num+d is for the memo pad. etc... i hope this helpes. this way, you dont have to disable dialing from the homescreen feature and not be annoyed by having to go into the phone app just to dial a number. thanks guys,
    -joe

mocmylov no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ab2f41
    Quote Originally Posted by mocerino
    ok, by the way just to let everyone know... you dont have to disable dialing from the homescreen for these shortcuts to work. if you press num and the shortcut key, it will work. for example, num + a will give you the phone book. num+f is profiles. num+d is for the memo pad. etc... i hope this helpes. this way, you dont have to disable dialing from the homescreen feature and not be annoyed by having to go into the phone app just to dial a number. thanks guys,
    -joe
    This doesn't work for me... I'm on 4.2 if it matters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast