I ordered and received a new lens for my 8700g. I was thinking that I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

8700 Replacement Lens

Advertisement

I ordered and received a new lens for my 8700g. I was thinking that I needed to take the handheld apart and install the lens from the back of the front cover, but looking at the new one - it's adhesive. Do I just peel off the old lens and press on the new? Anybody here done this before?

Re: 8700 Replacement Lens

Done! After looking carefully at the new lens I got, I went to Ebay where a lot of ppl are selling cases. I looked at a bunch of the pictures of the cases, a couple of people had the underside of the top shell pictured and there's no clips or anything like that. So, I took a utility knife, pryed underneath the top right corner of the old lens, and it peeled right off. Then I put the new one on in it's place, worked perfectly.

bbjoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    Did the replacement lens come with adhesive, or did you just reuse the adhesive left behind when you removed the original lens?

Quote Originally Posted by bbjoe View Post
    Did the replacement lens come with adhesive, or did you just reuse the adhesive left behind when you removed the original lens?
    Adhesive is already on the lens