How do you install / get / use real ringtones on 8700. Once again I,m ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

johnnyh no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d4732b

8700 Real Ringtones

Advertisement

How do you install / get / use real ringtones on 8700. Once again I,m looking for the idiots guide, so far there always seems to be one.
    Cheers Johnny

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 8700 Real Ringtones

Jonnyh, check the links provided in the PinStack content Alert: Similar threads found, directly above your post.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...or, go here: www.tuneusin.com

PIN/ID
    23d4732b

navilyn thanks for the link that worked. I appreciate it. I also tried coolservice.dk but could not get it to work. I can listen to the ringtones online, but when you use the drop down boxes they dont list t mobile or bbery devices, is there a way to get these ringtones as some of them are v.funny. Any further help with the coolservice would be appreciated.

rcjbr - thanks for pointing out the obveous to me, I am new so i will know to look there in future,cheers.
    Thanks
    Johnny

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Actually, You have to post and then open the thread again to see the similar links feature. It was just easier to point it out than to insert the links myself. And the coolservice.de site is where you can upload your own ringtones, then download them with your BB.

And glad you found what you needed.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23d4732b

So on coolservice you cant use the ringtones on the site ?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Here is a workaround for sites that you can find on a computer but can't get to on a bb that have the mp3 samples. And I hope I don't get sued by the music companies for saying this:

Ok, if you know where a site is that has an mp3 clip that you want, go to that site. Go to the song clip that you want. Now generally when u click on the clip its going to bring up windows media player or real player or whatnot so you don't know the actual address of the clip.

Do this:

Go back to that page where the inital song was listed. Put ur mouse over the link but don't click it. Now look at the bottom right hand side of your window and you will see a web address. Write that down or write it in an email and send it to yourself.

Then load that address into your berry browser EXACTLY as it appeared. Whatever was capitalized, capitalize it, lower case means lower case etc.

Then click go to link. It will bypass the webpage and go directly to the mp3 itself.

Another way you can find out the web address is to go to information on the media player that is on the computer and it should show the web address.

I posted a link on here a while back, I think its called "work around for mr tunes ringtones" or something of that nature.

Its a website that is based in the UK and has the option only to download for UK based providers at a cost. But if you do this, it will take you right to the clip.

Granted, the websites will eventually get smarter and find ways to keep from working around like this, but for now they haven't and if you know how u can use it to your advantage.

Feel free to post if you have any questions or whatnot and we can help.

N8

(Berry rings, I answer and its Interscopes legal department threatening me with a lawsuit. Oh joy). Hahahahaha

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Oh yeah. Duh. There is a thread on here that Ben Marvin started called something like "sites with small mp3 clips" or something of that nature (I am mobile right now so can't search and paste) but it has a good amount of links stackers have found with mp3 ringtones and sounds. MsBrenda has a site also (think it may be listed there too).

PIN/ID
    23d4732b

javascript:jsOpenWnd(19383,'Indian: please won´t you pick up?','Global_71541','0')
    This doesnt work as url, from coolservice, guess they closed the loop ?
    Johnny