Hi everyone.. I want to thank all of you for your help so far... As ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Teej no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up 8700 Questions ..

Advertisement

Hi everyone.. I want to thank all of you for your help so far... As some of you know, I had the good fortune to get an 8700 very cheap ... Then I got it unlocked so I cna use it with my current cell phone providor.. I pay $50 a month and get unlimited anytime min to anybody in anynetwork in north america (landline or cell)... I also get unlimited Txt messages, and unlimited Internet... all si great.. but here is my newest problem...

(1) I called yesterday and got the itnernet reactivated on my account.. I explained my situation to them, and they told me theri network is not compatible wiht Blackberry devices yet (they do not sell an of them either). But, they gave me all the settings for the APN network that I need.. but when I tried to enter them, it still says ther are insuffient network resources to process your device.. or says network connection refused... I don;t really need the whole "Blackbery Experiance".. I am just looking to surf websites in a pinch, or use instant messaging... (Also, coudl oyu reccomend a good yahoo or aIM baised IM program)... Any suggestions?

(2) Do any of you have any extra accessories for the 8700 that you no longer need and woud lbe willign to sell and ship cheap ? As I said, I only got the 8700 itself... nothing else.. luckily I can charge it usign the USB, outlet charher, and car charger that I has for my Motorola MPx200 phone. I would like to get a leather case or belt holster and a bluetooth headset... Thanks in advance

(3) Is there a version of Windows Mobile (CE) for thiws device.. I am much more familiar with that OS after having it on my MPx200 (I upgraded to the 2003 version on that). I really liked the lay out, and have a ton of programs for it that I downloaded...

Thanks people for reading this and possibly helping me out.. I really appreciate it that you take time to help out this BB noob -=Teej

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

Re: 8700 Questions ..

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I haven't heard of anyone putting a windows OS on a BB. Personally one of the great things about a BB in my mind is that it is NOT a windows device. Windows is always so unstable.

I personally found my MPx200 to be a great phone, and is based in wIndows.. has a great NES and Geneisis emulator.. but if there is no Windows for it, I will live with this OS.. I have another question.. When I get a TXT (SMS) message, my phone light changes fro mflashign green to red.. but it makes no noise to indicate I got am essag.e. where is the setting to change that? Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi teej, go into profiles, click the trackwheel and edit the current profile. Then scroll to sms and click trackwheel and edit. then make sure it is not set to mute. Let us kow if you need further help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Teej
    (1) I called yesterday and got the itnernet reactivated on my account.. I explained my situation to them, and they told me theri network is not compatible wiht Blackberry devices yet (they do not sell an of them either). But, they gave me all the settings for the APN network that I need.. but when I tried to enter them, it still says ther are insuffient network resources to process your device.. or says network connection refused... I don;t really need the whole "Blackbery Experiance".. I am just looking to surf websites in a pinch, or use instant messaging... (Also, coudl oyu reccomend a good yahoo or aIM baised IM program)... Any suggestions?
    You may not want the whole "Blackbery Experiance".., but if you want to get ANY data services on your blackberry device, you will definately need a BlackBerry Data Plan. If you carrier doen't have an agreement with RIM to provide Blackberry Service, you will not get data services. No Browser, No data based IM, and I don't even think that there is an SMS based AIM IM app.

Sorry to disappoint you.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Quote Originally Posted by Teej

(2) Do any of you have any extra accessories for the 8700 that you no longer need and woud lbe willign to sell and ship cheap ? As I said, I only got the 8700 itself... nothing else.. luckily I can charge it usign the USB, outlet charher, and car charger that I has for my Motorola MPx200 phone. I would like to get a leather case or belt holster and a bluetooth headset... Thanks in advance

(3) Is there a version of Windows Mobile (CE) for thiws device.. I am much more familiar with that OS after having it on my MPx200 (I upgraded to the 2003 version on that). I really liked the lay out, and have a ton of programs for it that I downloaded...

-=Teej
    (2) - have a very nice leather vaja case for the 8700, it's got a scratch across the front of it but it's normall 80 bucks with shipping
    pm me if you are interested. I have pics

(3) i never heard of anyone putting CE on a BB. I'm pretty sure it woudln't work not to mention i'm sure there are some licensing issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Hi teej, go into profiles, click the trackwheel and edit the current profile. Then scroll to sms and click trackwheel and edit. then make sure it is not set to mute. Let us kow if you need further help.
    Thanks.. that worked great.. much more convient.. I apprciate the help.. sorry for beign such a noob

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hi teej, I don't think your first query has been addressed.If your current provider can't give you BB data functionality,I'm afraid you will be limited to Voice and SMS.Unlike "ordinary"mobiles you don't get web access with a BB unless you have a BB data plan. So I'm afraid you can't pick and choose from the "BB experience".Its either the whole nine yards (web/email/voice/SMS/MMS) or just voice and SMS, sorry.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by giamburrasca
    I don't think your first query has been addressed.
    I thought I said basically the same thing you did in my post (#5).

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Interested in a seidio skin?? I also have the clip that goes with it... My skin is the translucent one... I also have the extended battery with door cover which was never used... I also have a seidio holster that will fit the 8700 WITHOUT a skin... Any or all of these I'll be willing to sell...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I thought I said basically the same thing you did in my post (#5).
    I thought so too. Then I thought, "maybe it's a posting timing issue" but the second post was 12 hours after yours. Ah well...

Quote Originally Posted by joewoo
    Interested in a seidio skin?? I also have the clip that goes with it... My skin is the translucent one... I also have the extended battery with door cover which was never used... I also have a seidio holster that will fit the 8700 WITHOUT a skin... Any or all of these I'll be willing to sell...

How much do you want for these items?

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Sorry rcbjr, musta missed it

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

No Problem, I was just wondering.