yes a t-mobile uk 8700g will work in the US... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

zugga no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8700 on T-Mobile

Advertisement

yes a t-mobile uk 8700g will work in the US

zugga no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Malfo
    Good question melissa. Does anyone know if tmobile europe phones need unlocking for tmobile usa? If they don't ebay uk here I come!
    ~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~
    yes you might need to get it unlocked because T-Mobile UK is a separate provider from T-Mobile USA and they use a difference MNC (Network Code) than T-Mobile USA. it's always worth giving it a try before getting it unlocked

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

**pondering the possibility of getting a TMo 8700 UK phone**
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Malfo no está en línea Stack level 3

Chanting- do it , do it, do it.

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

fyrestarrter no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Help Pre-Launch Cingular 8700c

Hi Does anyone know HOW I can get one of these unlocked??? I bought one & found out AFTER I received the phone that NONE of the unlockers seem to know how unlock one of the Pre-Launch Cingular 8700c's that came in the leather boxes. Does anyone know who can unlock those? :cry: Thanks.

mreisen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CCB206

Quote Originally Posted by lorinserb
    My dad is a Cingular user, he ordered a 8700 for me today.
    If I get it unlocked I should be able to use it on Tmobile, correct?

When he ordered it he told them he just wanted to buy the phone without setting up a data plan or altering his contract yet. If we dont add a Cingular data plan will there be any reprocussions to his account?
    I might just activate a line with Cingular since I am dropping my home phone and Tmobile coverage in my house sux. The only thing that is holding me back is Cingulars high cost for the BB. On Tmobile I pay $20 for unlimited and $49 for 3000 anytime minutes ( no long distance).
    Are there any "combo" plans on Cingular that offer a good value/minutes?
    I dont roam or travel....
    I would recomend sticking it out with T-Mo if you can, I have heard confirmed rumors that they will be releasing a VoIP router for your house to get unlimited calling from your home via your cell. The only drawback is RIM is not in the process of developing a wifi phone!

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Actually RIM does have some wifi phones but as of right now they only have wi fi or gsm not a combined Yes the Voip will be very nice. imagine unlimited free data and calls while at home or on any wifi router

sinsycophant no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2040718D
    I am brand new to this forum and came here originally because someone told me about some cool themes for my 8700. I work for TMO so I have a biased opinion but I have the 8700 and it is flawless!! Our EDGE network is fast and apps download and install nicely. If you haven't yet installed Google Local (with maps) make sure to do it. It is exactly like the desktop experience. I used to work for AT&T Wireless before they became part of Cingular and was there for the GSM launch. I agree, they need to become more more "European" with their unlocking policies.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

sinsycophant - Welcome to Pinstack.
    I have Tmo's new 8700 and I love it too. I need to d/l Google Local, had it on my 7100t. I love the Tmo IM app on the 8700.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123