I'm using the latest T-Mobile release, after rolling back hoping to correct the problem. The ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

berry-bum no está en línea Stack level 2

8700 keeps shutting off

Advertisement

I'm using the latest T-Mobile release, after rolling back hoping to correct the problem. The unit will stay on as long as its plugged in. The T-Mo store tested the battery and said its fine. This thing will shut off in the middle of a call, when typing an email, pretty much on a whim. It does not reboot as some others have stated. I have not installed any new apps. I actually deleted a few hoping that would help. This thing just shuts down. Any ideas??
    Don't let the number of posts fool you...

8310 4.5.0.69 (2.7.0.72)

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8700 keeps shutting off

Have you tried reinstalling the current OS? Maybe it didn't install completely right the first time.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

berry-bum no está en línea Stack level 2

The problem started with the .91 release (would be more specific if my phone would turn on). I upgraded to the Proximus release, then downgraded to the T-Mo release when the problem didnt go away. I also didn't want to take it to T-Mo with a different OS on it. This is actually the 3rd OS, and no relief.
    Don't let the number of posts fool you...

8310 4.5.0.69 (2.7.0.72)

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Time to get a torx and open her up!!