First, pls forgive my double posting - I was afraid that it would be lost ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

basic no está en línea Stack level 2

8700 Calendar All Day Event -Part Deux

Advertisement

First, pls forgive my double posting - I was afraid that it would be lost in the first such Thread.

This is either the exact same problem as the previous poster (and the respondents didn't understand given the answers) or I didn't understand either the issue or the responses Hence my lame attempt to try and see if my explanation might elicit a different (better?) set of responses.
    an all day event in outlook (all day event checked) such as a holiday ie. christmas translates into a 24 hr appt (as noted by some of you) on the BB. If you look @ the "appt" (example christmas day) on the BB it will NOT have the All Day Event box checked (hence the 24 hr appt). Now if I check the All Day Event (again using christmas as an example) on the BB it unfortunately turns into a 2 day event so you have to adjust. This can't possibly be by design since the BB event should be using the same structure (since it is capable) of designating all day events as All Day Events and not 24 hr appts.

Have I missed something?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 8700 Calendar All Day Event -Part Deux

I can't really address this as I haven't had this problem, but would pose a few questions that may give us a hint at what is going on? What Carrier are you using? What OS is running on your 8700? What time zone is are you in? What time zone is set on your BB and what time zone is set in your Outlook? Are the PC and BB times correct?

I don't know if any of this will really have any affect on the problem but we might see something that gives us a hint.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

thanks rcbjr.
    cingular 4.1x (latest version from cingular)
    central time zone and the times are correct.
    a question (or 2) for you: if you looked at any holiday (ie. mlk day) does it appear on your bb as a 24 hr appt or an all day event (ie. diamond icon with the all day event box checked when you pull up the details of the holiday). on my bb (2 months old) mlk day is a 24 hr appt (ie. no diamond icon and the all day event box is not checked)? on my outlook, it is an all day event (ie. box checked).

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I don't have any all day event on my pearl at this time. I'll create one the next time I sync and check for you then. It may be Saturday before I have time to play around with it though.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I don't have any all day event on my pearl at this time. I'll create one the next time I sync and check for you then. It may be Saturday before I have time to play around with it though.

Rcbjr.
    thanks much. no worries. this isn't a really serious issue - at least it is easily correctable.

fyrestryke no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2057d4fd

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue:
    BB: 8700 v4.1.0.309
    Carrier: Tmobile
    BES: 4.1.0.38, Exchange 2003 SP3
    BB Timezone: Sydney (+10)

Create a new event in Calendar. Initially displays as..
    Start Date: 31 Jan 2007 12:00am
    End Date: 31 Jan 2007 1:00am

Click on all day event.

End Date changes to 30 Jan 2007.

This has got to be a bug, related to timezone conversions I'm thinking.

Steve