I have a problem when I set a new all day event on my bb ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

phersh no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8700 Calendar all day event

Advertisement

I have a problem when I set a new all day event on my bb the end date becomes one day before the start date, I have to manually change it. It then reverts back on an edit.

The same thing happens when I set an all day event in outlook, outlook is correct but the bb has end one day before start.

I am on a bes using version 4.1.0.309

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 8700 Calendar all day event

Does this help:

When displaying an All Day Event, the handheld does not adjust the appointment time if you change time zones.

In Outlook, the default start time for an All day event is 12:00 AM and the default end time is 12:00 AM of the following day. Outlook will adjust the start and end times of an all-day appointment when the time zone setting is changed on the computer.
    For example, if you create an all-day appointment on March 7, 2005 in Eastern Standard Time (EST), then change time zone on the computer to Pacific Standard Time (PST) and view the appointment, Outlook adjusts the appointment to start on March 6, 2005 at 9:00 PM and end at 9:00 PM on March 7, 2005. This is because of the three-hour difference between EST and PST. The appointment now overlaps two days.

The handheld will not alter the start and end times of an all-day appointment if a time zone change occurs. The handheld calendar always starts an all-day appointment at 12:00 AM and only occupies one day, regardless of switching time zones.

Note: This is by design and not an error on the handheld.

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...94991&vernum=0

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Phersh. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

phersh, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks all for the offer of help.

The suggested solution above does not solve my issue.

To make it clearer. I on my bb setup an all day event, when I put a tick in the all day event box, the start date remains today but the end date becomes yesterday.

If I change it to today all works fine until I edit it when I note that the end date has changed back.

An all day event created on outlook works fine in outlook and transfers fine to the bb, but again if I edit it the end date is oe day before the start date.

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Just a thought, is the date on your BB and PC set correctly?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sure is

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

I get this too. I'm in the GMT time zone. What zone are you in? I think the route cause is this bug though the fix is irrelevant for me.

http://tinyurl.com/hb8lr

Problem

On the BlackBerry device, you create a new calendar appointment, specify the Time Zone to be Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) or greater (for example, Canberra, Sydney (+10)), and select the All Day Event check mark.
    Alternatively, you set the Time Zone in Options > Date/Time to GMT or greater and create a new calendar appointment. You specify the Time Zone to be GMT or greater in the Calendar appointment and select the All Day Event check mark.
    As a result, you cannot save the calendar appointment because the end date is one day earlier than the start date, as shown below.

Workaround

When you create a new calendar appointment, first select the All Day Event check mark, change the end date, and then change the Time Zone to be GMT or greater.
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Thanks for your help, it appears its one I live with until the next version of the os.

basic no está en línea Stack level 2

hello - I have a similar question so I thought it would be ok to use this post
    an all day event in outlook (all day event checked) such as a holiday ie. christmas translates into a 24 hr appt (as noted by some of you) on the BB. If you look @ the "appt" (example christmas day) on the BB it will NOT have the All Day Event box checked (hence the 24 hr appt). Now if I check the All Day Event (again using christmas as an example) on the BB it unfortunately turns into a 2 day event so you have to adjust. This can't possibly be by design since the BB event should be using the same structure (since it is capable) of designating all day events as All Day Events and not 24 hr appts.

Have I missed something?

crenaud76 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: 8700 Calendar all day event

I have the same issue on my 7130v ! And I don't think it's "by design" !!
    As I live in France my Time Zone is set to GMT+1 on my BB.
    If I set a new calendat entry as a all day event, the end date is set to the day before the start date.
    I tried to set my time zone to GMT and then the end date is all ok (same as start date).
    Do we have to live on the greenwich meridian to have our BB Calendar to work fine ?

That's a bite tricky ! Isn't it ?