I have several users that after the blackberry dst patch that when they create a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum
8700 blackberry to outlook sync dst issue
I have several users that after the blackberry dst patch that when they create a calender entry in the blackberry and it syncs with outlook that the entry in outlook is one hour ahead. The exchange server, bes server workstations and blackberries are all dst patched. When they create the entry in outlook and they sync to the blackberry it works correctly. It does not seem to be model specific because they are using 7800 and 8700 when this is occurring. We wiped the hand held reactivated tried again and redeployed the patch and it still did not work. We even updated the blackberry OS but to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Re: 8700 blackberry to outlook sync dst issue
I located the resolution in case someone is interested:
When creating calendar appointments between 11 March 2007 and 1 April 2007, the following problems occur:
- Calendar appointments created on a BlackBerry device that has the 2007 Daylight Saving Time (DST) patch for BlackBerry devices installed are displayed one hour ahead in Microsoft Outlook.
- Calendar appointments created on a BlackBerry device that does not have the 2007 DST patch installed may be displayed up to two hours ahead in Microsoft Outlook.
- Calendar appointments created in Microsoft Outlook are displayed correctly on the BlackBerry device.
To resolve this problem, complete the following steps:
- Make sure that the 2007 DST update for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 has been installed on the computer running the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. For more information, see article 931978 in the
- In Microsoft Windows® Services, stop the BlackBerry Dispatcher.
- From a command prompt, type regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Bin\cdo.dll and press ENTER.
- Start the BlackBerry Dispatcher. Important: Restarting certain BlackBerry Enterprise Server services will delay message delivery to BlackBerry devices. For more information, see KB04789.
Tags for this Thread