I have a BB 8700c that I cannot get the backlight to stay on more ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mileoneitguy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f205b8

Thumbs down 8700 backlight timeout problem

Advertisement

I have a BB 8700c that I cannot get the backlight to stay on more that 30 seconds. The setting is set to 2 minutes but it doesnt make a difference. I have loaded the latest software revision and that did not make a difference. I would really like to know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: 8700 backlight timeout problem

I ran into this problem with my 8700c frequently. For some reason the timing gets off and even though you have the timing set correctly, the phone defaults to a different time. What I had to do in my situation was to go and change the timing, power the phone down and then repower back up (did not have to remove the battery). When I did that I could go back and change the timing back with no problems until the next time it did it.

Zo

mileoneitguy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f205b8

Re: 8700 backlight timeout problem

That works. However this is not my phone it is one of my executives that I support. Is there any known fix for this issue? My executive is going to get rather upset if she has to continue to turn the device on and off. Thank you so much for the tip though.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    I ran into this problem with my 8700c frequently. For some reason the timing gets off and even though you have the timing set correctly, the phone defaults to a different time. What I had to do in my situation was to go and change the timing, power the phone down and then repower back up (did not have to remove the battery). When I did that I could go back and change the timing back with no problems until the next time it did it.

Zo