I am hearing some conflicting information about the ability to use bluetooth to synch with ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

8700 and BT Synch

Advertisement

I am hearing some conflicting information about the ability to use bluetooth to synch with the 8700. From what I know about the BT integration in the device, it is for voice only, so you can't use it to synch data.

Now I am hearing that some have been able to set it up to synch with a PC/Laptop/Other device.

I am also hearing that OS 4.2 will enable the GPS feature in the 8700.

Can any of you 8700 experts shed any light on these?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: 8700 and BT Synch

As far as I know about the 4.2 OS, it is not available for your device. I am sure someone will be around that has this phone that will be able to answer the BT questions.

tsconver no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C20CAA

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    I am hearing some conflicting information about the ability to use bluetooth to synch with the 8700. From what I know about the BT integration in the device, it is for voice only, so you can't use it to synch data.

Now I am hearing that some have been able to set it up to synch with a PC/Laptop/Other device.

I am also hearing that OS 4.2 will enable the GPS feature in the 8700.

Can any of you 8700 experts shed any light on these?
    I have an 8703 with verizon 4.1 OS and Desktop 4.2 at home and as soon as I walk i the door it connects via BT and syncs everything I had told it to sync. Yes it does work with the newest desktop software. The media organizer on the new desktop is not functional with OS 4.1 but other than that it is great, even does back ups for me.

Shawn

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You don't need OS 4.2 for GPS. Plenty of people use 4.1 with their GPS pucks.

You don't need DM 4.2 for BT sync either. Since no one on any forum site can be bothered to find this, here's the link to the RIM knowledgebase article that I've mentioned over and over. The revision date is 11/3/2006 but it has been around longer than that:
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2012274566
    Last edited by takeshi; 03-15-2007 at 11:07 AM.

braz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i sync my 8703e via bt all the time can't recall the last time I used a usb cable and no bes for me.let me know if u need help.