Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by navilyn 'It quits, during synching'. Do you mean when using Desktop Manager? ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    'It quits, during synching'. Do you mean when using Desktop Manager? I hardly ever connect my BB to desktop manager. But, I will test it to see...
    I'm not sure what you mean "quits during synching". I have not had this issue and I've use PD for 5 months.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sorry, Ljbyar, I was quoting Ruminator...

Mine works flawlessly, thus far. Albeit, I want to know if there is 'extra' battery power being used with it, i.e. if the battery would die quicker?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It will use more battery power depending on how often you set the weather and stocks to update. I don't find that it is a big drain on the battery though.

Ah, ok! I have the weather set from 05:00 - 18:00. I don't use the stock section...

I guess I should look into buying some stocks - LOL

Thanks for the info!

One more thing. I've been sitting here, and from time to time, the backlight on my BlackBerry (8700g) will come on by itself.

No new mail, or calendar reminder, or task. So, what causes that? I thought it was the weather refreshing, but, I've changed it to manual, and it's still doing it. Am sure it's a particular feature, am just not sure what it is...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Nav, In PocketDay, go to Settings/Utility and check to see if "Backlight on Message Receive" is checked. If so, that is what is causing it. It lights up the Backlight when you either send or receive and email. If you want to disable that, just uncheck that box.

Larry, that was checked before I sent the post. I've since unchecked it, and same issue. The only thing checked at present is, 'enable backlight on alarm', 'add pocketday to menu', 'start pocketday on boot', 'listen for sms messages'.

I've searched the PocketDay forum, and don't see anything about this, so I've emailed the support team. I might have to use their 'utility reset' option from there web site. Am just awaiting confirmation before I do this...

Again, thanks!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Good luck with PD and let me know what they come up with. (I'm assuming you did a BB reset after loading PD?)

That was quick, got a reply from PocketDay, and I quote:
    "----- Original Message -----
    To: "Navilyn"
    Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 10:14
    Subject: Re: PocketDay Personal / 8700g & the Backlight...

> Its not from PocketDay. PocketDay only turns the backlight on when an event occurs like an email, text message or alarm happens.
    > "

I'll just monitor it closer...

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Good luck with PD and let me know what they come up with. (I'm assuming you did a BB reset after loading PD?)
    ...actually, no. It did not prompt me to. But, I suppose it's good practise. Let me do it now...

A thought just occured to me:
    1. You receive a new email / notification
    2. The device tells you, and the backlight is on
    3. You DON'T read the new email / notification
    4. The system reminds you, after a certain time by lighting the backlight again

Good theory, no?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    That would be very nice, however, I'm not sure we have that option. It would be great though. For now we'll have to live with the red LED. :-)

Yeah, you're right, my theory just went out the window. The backlight comes on, maybe every couple of minutes...

Very strange...

I've figured it out! Since my BlackBerry 8700g is connected to our corporate BES server, when I send an email from my Outlook, and PocketDay Personal is running, the backlight comes on, on the BlackBerry!?!

It was getting on my nerves wondering what was causing it. At least I now know. Now to figure how to stop it. I suppose it's doing it because a copy of the sent email is copied to the sent folder on the BlackBerry...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Just go to Settings/Utilities and uncheck "Backlight on Message Receive" and you should be all set Nav.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast