Hello, I have an 8700c for Cingular (AT&T) and it starting acting weird today. First ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dwalker4907 no está en línea Stack level 1

8700 acting flaky...what to do?

Advertisement

Hello, I have an 8700c for Cingular (AT&T) and it starting acting weird today. First of all, I was taking a dump and heard something clicking....Took the phone out of my pocket and held the speaker part on the back cover of it to my ear and it sounds like it does when you first connect on a call or when you hang up....Kind of a clicking noise....then a couple of times, as I pushed the send button to begin a call, it just shut off then came back on by itself...but it only did that once or twice, and id really just like the clicking noise to stop....Even if I turn the power to the phone off, it continues to click...only when I take the battery out does it stop clicking....what should i do?

my roommate has a pearl, he suggested backing it up to my comp, then taking everything off and putting everything back on....but i dont really know how to do that....I recently updated it to the 4.2 OS instead of the old 4.1.....what should I do? help

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: 8700 acting flaky...what to do?

First off you dont happen to have any other devices that are near your 8700c? If not you could always try doing a backup using DM and reinstalling your OS or if there is a newer version out there use that instead. then see what happens here is the link for the latest OS for 8700c

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...copo6d9-X5hg**