I bought my 8700 a month ago and I'm in love, but the 8800 is ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

abes no está en línea Stack level 1

8700, 8800, tmobile, and loopholes

Advertisement

I bought my 8700 a month ago and I'm in love, but the 8800 is just too damn sexy to deny. I'm a tmo customer, and I was wondering is their any loopholes in contracts so I can get the 8800 without paying the full retail price. I'm a young college student and money is tight...OH GOD HELP!!! I need it! (Lol)

garran no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8700, 8800, tmobile, and loopholes

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

T-Mobile Hawaii has, or had, a clause called the Hawaii Guarantee. Basically it relieves the customer of early termination fees by clamining unreliable service. This was how I was able to get out of my contract a few years ago. Hopefully your State has something like we did.

Once you get out of contract, you must wait six months in order to be considered a "new customer", thus allowing you to purchase the phone at a discount, of course you will need to sign a one or two-year contract with T-Mobile in order to receive the discounts.

If you don't have something like the Hawaii Guarantee, any rate changes which occured within the past 30 days gives you another avenue to get out of your contract and avoid the ETFs.

Hope this helps.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

you can get out of Cingular contracts by claiming crappy service
    I just moved into a new house and i don't get a Cingular signal inside. the rep told me that if the trouble shooting doesn't work and they aren't able to boost the signal then i'd be able to get out of my contract.
    I instead bought a Wireless Extender Signal Booster

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

How far in are you on the contract? I seem to recall that TMO offers upgrade pricing after a certain number of months of service though from what I recall it was never as good as the new activation subsidies and rebates.

Sorry -- subsidies are for new customers. Even if you terminated service with TMO there's a certain amount of time that needs to pass to be considered "new" and eligible for subsidized equipment (I thought it was 90 days).

naderaref no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DB79A7

if t-mob doesnt let you do the upgrade (which you get a discount after 6 months of service) then you could always try RIM. they have upgrade programs.