View Poll Results: 8700 4.2 OS UPGRADE- Was it Worth the wait?

Voters
84. Register free to vote on this poll
  • OH YEAH BABY!!

48 57.14%
  • AH HELL NO!!

3 3.57%
  • Too soon to tell, got my fingers crossed.

22 26.19%
  • I have a 8100/8800 and wandered in here by accident

11 13.10%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

I am at all NOT happy with 4.2. For starters my "Wave Icon" theme on ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

online789 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8700 4.2 Upgrade- WAS IT WORTH IT??

Advertisement

I am at all NOT happy with 4.2.

For starters my "Wave Icon" theme on 4.1 doesn't activate in 4.2. There are not any other themes available for this OS from BlackBerry.com.

Also, my Browser doesn't work most of the time. It's funny I have no problems with Opera, it goes to all the sites. The BB Browser is so darn slow and it only works about 10% of the times. I tried playing with all different APN's (I am on T-Mobile and used both internet2.voicestream.com and wap.voicestream.com) with no changes. The browser is really AWFUL.

I really want to revert back to 4.1, but don't have the software.

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the 4.1? I have lost the initial CD I got with my BlackBerry.

My advice to all considering to go to 4.2 is to find a way to do a whole image backup (like Norton Ghost for BB) before going with upgrade. You might want to go back to your original 4.1 if you experience the same headaches as I am!

sav_chh no está en línea Stack level 1

after upgrading my 8700g to 4.2, the ringer volume is coming slow. is there any solution.....?

brianhowell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3005E45C

Thumbs down Re: 8700 4.2 Upgrade- WAS IT WORTH IT??

The new look and feel is great BUT I have found a bug with the Verizon code. At 4.2, dialing my phone is a real problem. I upgraded to V4.2 several weeks ago. Then, almost every time I tried to dial out I would have to stop and start the wireless signal - Turn Wireless Off then Turn Wireless On - to get a connection. Then, about every 3rd or 4th time, even that wouldn't work and I'd have to pull the battery. So, I worked with Verizon support for several days and they finally gave up and sent me a replacement 8703e at 4.1 code. It worked fine but was missing the features I wanted. So I upgraded again. SAME PROBLEM. I know it was stupid but any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Puro_Pablo no está en línea Stack level 1

I am new to both Pinstack and Berry 8703e.

I have a device (grandfathered by a friend) and I have nothing except the holster.

Questions:

Where do I submit a new post?

ANd re BB's:

1) What software do I need to download? 4.2 or 4.3, other?

2) Is the data cable a standard USB Cable or does the BB cable have a different pin-out?

johniii no está en línea Stack level 2

well i have t-mobile and downloaded the latest update,i lost my browser,bookmarks,pictures.etc. it totally screwed my phone up.

well i take that back i got everything back except 1 picture that was my desktop

It sure is different I lost my theme I liked is it possible to go to back up and reinstall the themes I had? Also when I use trackwheel to unlock it goes to where you have to use star and green bar to unlock,can I change it back to using the trackwheel?

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB

I upgraded 3 units to 4.2, using the OS on ATT download site, and deleting the vendor xml. Everything runs faster on all three and there are no issues with any of the functions. The users are all very happy with the new os.

I Had Many Themes Loaded How Do I Get Them Back I Have Tryed Restore But Not There

bfrey no está en línea Stack level 1

Two of us here loaded the 4.2 update and after that could only make or receive one phone call. To make or get another call we had to pull the battery which would again only allow one call. Downgraded back to 4.1 and both worked.

TheLorax no está en línea Stack level 2

No No No...hate It

4.2 upgrade on Alltel...UGH...don't like it.

Reasons to HATE 4.2:
    1) Volume is half of what it was..wth is up with that?
    2) Sluggish response through menus...roadkill reacts faster
    3) Um, MIDI support...what happened there??
    4) Theme support....killed my other themes..annoyed to say the least
    5) Can't access Profiles at all...either from side-key as it was or through the menu....even rebooted phone..still not working...nice feature.
    6) Didn't I read something about VoiceNote recording...where is that?

I will play around some more with it tonight but I'm very annoyed. Researching on how to downgrade. UGH.

TheLorax

enrich2u no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up The BlackBerry 8700F - the first phone with a quad-band facility

The BlackBerry 8700F would be the first phone with a quad-band facility. The 8700F model operate on a GSM/GPRS/EDGE network and has features like QVGA 320 x 240 LCD screen, smart dialing, conference calling, speed dial, call forwarding, and Bluetooth connectivity. It is to be mentioned that its unique light-sensing technology automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen and keyboard. The adjustments takes place according to lightning conditions and a 64 MB of flash memory, 16 MB SDRAM and an Intel(R) XScale(R) cellular processor.

pcastric no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30B83857

Thumbs up Slows down 8703e

On the whole, it was worth the upgrade.

Options that I like is ability to move icons to the right hand side so that I can see nearly all the wallpaper. Also, the Media options enables me to change pictures or ringtones from one location.

blondee028 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    I did the upgrade and I don't even know what the difference is> Am I missing something. As far as the media I have the BB pearl 8100 media dl in my BB8700g. is that why I see nothing different?

kjs
    kjs no está en línea Stack level 1
    I did the update on my VZW 8703e and it went off without a hitch. Much improved over 4.1. Maybe I got lucky?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast