Hey everyone, I'm trying to download an mp3 to my phone. Is there a size ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

keola no está en línea Stack level 1

7130c, downloading mp3, "unable to save file"

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to download an mp3 to my phone. Is there a size limit or something on a 7130c? I've uploaded the mp3 file to my server, and then I browse to it on my bb. I'm able to get the audio player to come up, and about the first 10 seconds of the clip play... but then it stops. When I try to save the file I get an error: "Unable to save file." Any ideas?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 7130c, downloading mp3, "unable to save file"

You could be over the limit. What is the kb? I have on my BB a few that are over 700kb, but most wont play over 500kb. Depends on where you load it from as well. From box.net I have loaded 700kb, from coolservice I cant load over 500kb. From mobile41.com I have been able to get about 700kb as well.

It's a whole song, so it's wayyy more than that. It's on my personal server, so i know that side of it is working ok. What is the size limit on these? I used to be able to put whole songs on my razor, I assumed at least equivalent storage space on here...

Alright I've also tried it with a clip that's only 470KB... same error... but when I uploaded the same clip to coolservices, it worked... so what's the secret? There download link must have some special stuff in it.. I'd like to be able to duplicate it so i can load larger files... Any ideas?