I like a lot of the new features of 4.5 on my 8700, but a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

4.5 on the 8700?? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Advertisement

I like a lot of the new features of 4.5 on my 8700, but a couple of features are disturbing and I've switched back to 4.2.

I have two Berries (sometimes more) for different purposes. If I'm going to be out in the sun all day, I switch to my 7290 because I can see the screen easy in the sun - AND THE 4.5 ON MY 8700 WON'T LET ME TRANSFER FILES TO A 7290!! $#%^%$!#@#!!!!!!

On my PC, Desktop Manager has to maintain a 6230, 7290, 8100Pearl and an 8700 for different members of my family and different purposes. When installing the 4.5 OS for the 87, IT ERASED ALL THE BLACKBERRY.ALX AND .COD FILES IN THE 6230, 7290, AND 8100 FOLDERS ON THE COMPUTER!!!! I HAVE TO RE-DOWNLOAD ALL THESE OSs!!!! #@$%$%^&@#$^%!!!!!

I CAN'T ALT - ENTER TO LOCK THE DEVICE!!!!! #@%$%#!!@#@$%!!!!!!

LOTS MORE STUFF!!!! #@$#%$$^&@#!!!!!!!!!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Um, Mark?

Don't sugarcoat it, brother. Tell us you REALLY feel about this whole thing!

#$$#@%$^$%#$###!!!!!!!!!!!

clubhousestudio no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Alt+ent lock works just fine for me. I have to hit ent twice though. I don't think I could go back to 4.2. 4.5 rocks too much.

Quote Originally Posted by clubhousestudio View Post
    Alt+ent lock works just fine for me. I have to hit ent twice though. I don't think I could go back to 4.2. 4.5 rocks too much.
    Alt and Enter will lock the keypad when you don't have a password, but won't lock the device when it's passworded. But everything's OK - I'm back on 4.5, I discovered that most of the issues that I was having was because of the 4.5 DM, not the OS, so I've re-installed 4.5 on my 8700 but downgraded to 4.3 on DM and I'm a much happier hippie!!!

On Zen and Today, alt-enter doesn't lock the device, but it does lock the keyboard on an un-passworded BB. However, on Icon alt-enter does lock the device! It's theme dependent apparently

SANDSJH no está en línea Stack level 1
    alt+enter works for me.

SANDSJH no está en línea Stack level 1
    alt+enter works for me..

tlove_7969 no está en línea Stack level 1
    So what's the difference with the 4.5 then OS 4.2 is it better and if u upgrade do u lose all the OS 4.2 application and themes etc... Meaning do they still work and where do you get the link for the 4.5 upgrade can it done OTA