Thanks to Curvy for helping with a successful 4.2 install on my 8700c. I can ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

henny no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 4.2 sync mp3 probs - not enough disk space error!

Advertisement

Thanks to Curvy for helping with a successful 4.2 install on my 8700c. I can transfer jpegs with no problem using Media Manager, but with MP3 files (no matter the size) it gives me an error that there's not enough disk space even though I have plenty of room on my device. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: 4.2 sync mp3 probs - not enough disk space error!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    One stupid thing is that a music or any file cannot be over 2.8 mb or else you get that error. I only get songs up to 2.1 mb to work though. This is for transferring to phone memory btw.

amanda0769 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

ok I just downloaded 4.2 on my 8700c and like some of the features (still playing around with it). I usually download ringers via my bb simulator & my usb cable and some tricks I got from the skilled people of pinstack.com however after downloading 4.2 I tried to download new ringers and pics and the pics came out fine but the ringers did not work! Can anyone help? Anyone else having this problem? I'd appreciate the help thanks! The files are about 211kb or less (even though i read they can be up to 350kb)! So the size is TINY!! I dont have web access on my phone and for the simulator thingy I need to show the web icon...on 4.2 I just push alt & track wheel and more apps come up (including the web icon) but does anyone know how to get that icon to the main homepage of my phone in 4.2 OS? Thanks for the help...I NEED NEW RINGERS LOL!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Check/adjust the sampling rate.

henny no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay, I download my favorite podcast (about 15 MB) - In order to play it on my 8700 with 4.2 installed, I need to load it to seperate desktop (WavePad) software, turn it into a .wav file, split it in half and save both files as 16kbps MP3s - all to stay under the 2.9 MB file limit to avoid receiving the "not enough disk space" error message! Why did I sell my Axim?