Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alright I got 4.2 its pretty cool but hear is what i notice. Besided the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

hstatus no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile 4.2 Questions

Advertisement

Alright I got 4.2 its pretty cool but hear is what i notice. Besided the cool new features, The following applications do not work.

The Lattest Opera Mini - It locks Up
    The OZ Instant messenger

Now does anyone know of just the AIM application alone and where i could get it.

And also and most i important how the hell can you delete those crappy screen savers that BB installs there appear to be locked and you cant delete from the blackberry nor from desktop software. I really need to free up space. Becuase 4.2 is kinda sluggish at times.

any suggestions

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: 4.2 Questions

Welcome to Pinstack!

Download the new Vodafone from Germany, Opera works in this version.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ny_8700_a.html

Forget about OZ Messenger it's trash.. get Jivetalk instead http://www.beejive.com it's the best IM app out there for blackberry.

Goodluck!
    Last edited by flash24; 06-02-2007 at 08:17 PM.

amanda0769 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

ok I just downloaded 4.2 and like some of the features (still playing around with it). I usually download ringers via my bb simulator & my usb cable and some tricks I got from the skilled people of pinstack.com however after downloading 4.2 I tried to download new ringers and pics and the pics came out fine but the ringers did not work! Can anyone help? Anyone else having this problem? I'd appreciate the help thanks!

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by amanda0769
    ok I just downloaded 4.2 and like some of the features (still playing around with it). I usually download ringers via my bb simulator & my usb cable and some tricks I got from the skilled people of pinstack.com however after downloading 4.2 I tried to download new ringers and pics and the pics came out fine but the ringers did not work! Can anyone help? Anyone else having this problem? I'd appreciate the help thanks!
    Just check your profile and set up your ringtones again.

PIN/ID
    Ask

i have checked my profile and the ringtones are there just not in the place where they should be and they dont play...any help I would appreciate. Thanks

PIN/ID
    Ask

Question Re: 4.2 Questions

Also i'm now running the 4.2 OS do I need anyother updates for my 8700c? I'm pretty new at the whole bb thing and I'd like to keep it current with all the stuff that I can. I dont recall ever doing any updates other than the 4.2. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Also i'm now running the 4.2 OS do I need anyother updates for my 8700c? I'm pretty new at the whole bb thing and I'd like to keep it current with all the stuff that I can. I dont recall ever doing any updates other than the 4.2. Thanks!
    Which 4.2 are you running? 4.2 Vodafone from Germany is the most stable 4.2 OS out there in my opinion. Here it is.. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ny_8700_a.html

Install this one and see if that solves your problem.

PIN/ID
    Ask

downloading it now i was running 4.2.1.91. do you know how to get the web icon back on my homescreen? the only way i can get to it it to press alt & trackwheel then more applications...its annoying. Any help I'd appreciate! Thanks!

PIN/ID
    Ask

Download wouldnt work...it said error initializing setup! That is the second time it's happened! Do you know anyother links to it that may work better?

PIN/ID
    3319688f

downloading it now i was running 4.2.1.91. do you know how to get the web icon back on my homescreen? the only way i can get to it it to press alt & trackwheel then more applications...its annoying. Any help I'd appreciate! Thanks!
    Ok to get your browser back... you need to go Options, advance options, host routing table then register.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Download wouldnt work...it said error initializing setup! That is the second time it's happened! Do you know anyother links to it that may work better?
    it work on mine.. try this http://support.vodafone.de/index_l3_2d.html

Same website.. but try it again. What browser are you usuing firefox? windows explorer?

Make sure you turn off your firewall.

PIN/ID
    Ask

yeah that didnt work either do you know if there is a way with the new 4.2 OS & desktop manager & the new media feature on bb if you can somehow transfer ringtones/pictures? Since they have the new caller id pic feature they have to have an easy way to do it right??

PIN/ID
    3319688f

yeah that didnt work either do you know if there is a way with the new 4.2 OS & desktop manager & the new media feature on bb if you can somehow transfer ringtones/pictures? Since they have the new caller id pic feature they have to have an easy way to do it right??
    Try this..

http://jimispier.com/joomla/index.ph...fileinfo&id=22

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Once you have the 4.2 install on your bb and you have a 4.2 Desktop Manager multimedia transfering should work.

PIN/ID
    Ask

Thanks Flash I'm downloading the 4.2 desktop manager right now...takes forever! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast