Question. I have BB Desktop Manager 4.2 installed on my system. I just tried to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

SlaggBot no está en línea Stack level 1

4.2 question for 8703e

Advertisement

Question.

I have BB Desktop Manager 4.2 installed on my system. I just tried to go to Media Manager and got the following error.

"The connected Blackberry Device does not support transferring media files. Verify that the device has Blackberry Device Software version 4.2 or later."

4.2 for the handheld is not quite out yet, correct? This is just something they knew they were going to support I assume?

LunkHead no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 4.2 question for 8703e

4.2 for handheld is not out yet... That is correct... Probably end of dec or jan... 4.2 DM also works on the 8100 which does support that feature

coffeeturtle no está en línea Stack level 1

CDMA devices are taking a LONG time to catch up here. What's really sad is that I upgraded my old GPRS BB with 4.2 a while back and got quite used to it. New job, but VZW BB, thus CDMA. I've gone back in time!!

All the posts keep pushing a later and later release date. I should have pushed for an 8830!! haha

aig01 no está en línea Stack level 1

4.2 is out for the 8703e now from Alltel, downloaded it last night, works great.

geneatals no está en línea Stack level 2

4.2 OS for hand held is also out for vzw....

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ive heard mixed reactions to 4.2 for 8703e but I will try it out myself for Alltel.

coffeeturtle no está en línea Stack level 1

I went to Verizon's site today and now they have 4.2.1 as well!!!

Interestingly, it is dated 10/29/2007. I know I haven't been to that site in awhile, but that link wasn't there in October! I'm sure I asked a tech about it back in November at least once, and he had no date to give.

I'm glad it's up and working. I am installing as I type this message! (woot) But that's a bit sneaky on Verizon's part.