Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by joek71 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is what I was affraid of, when sprint ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

lraed74 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 4.2 OS released for Verizon 8703e!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is what I was affraid of, when sprint people install verizon update, your gps won't won't work, that's why I will be waiting for a sprint update.

My GPS works good, didnt have an issue with it at all after the upgrade.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: 4.2 OS released for Verizon 8703e!

Quote Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
    I stumbled upon a MAJOR benefit to the OS v4.2.1 upgrade on the VZW 8703e -- Bluetooth DUN (dial-up networking) now works! I assume that BroadbandAccess Connect is a prerequisite, which is enabled on my account for $15/month. I simply re-paired my Dell laptop to the 8703e, and I discovered that DUN was now an available service (which, of course, I enabled). I created a new DUN connection using the modem/port combo for the device with username of "1234567890@vzw3g.com" (substitute your BlackBerry number) and password of "vzw". And that's all there is to it -- I'm posting using the PC to Bluetooth DUN connection as we speak! No USB cable required!!!
    Bluetooth file transfers work as well! I just verified that I can transfer images to/from the 8703e.

Shawn BB no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Bradley View Post
    I just noticed something. Anyone else (Sprint users who installed this VZW OS) now have a dead GPS? With BB Maps, I'm dead in the water... getting an "uncaught exception." Hmmm. That sucks.
    I did a couple of things which fixed it, but I don't know if it was one of them or the combination that worked:

1) Reinstalled BB Maps from the BB website (apparently the new OS gives you a different version). It gave me several prompts that the LDS possibly would not work, but I ignored them and installed the older version. And they were right... it stopped some data from coming through.

2) I resent one of the Data Routing Table in the options to Sprint. It reconnected the signal, and now I am back and running with the GPS.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn BB View Post
    I did a couple of things which fixed it, but I don't know if it was one of them or the combination that worked:

1) Reinstalled BB Maps from the BB website (apparently the new OS gives you a different version). It gave me several prompts that the LDS possibly would not work, but I ignored them and installed the older version. And they were right... it stopped some data from coming through.

2) I resent one of the Data Routing Table in the options to Sprint. It reconnected the signal, and now I am back and running with the GPS.
    Awesome! Worked like a charm. I just dowloaded the older version and voila... my GPS is back.

Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is what I was affraid of, when sprint people install verizon update, your gps won't won't work, that's why I will be waiting for a sprint update.
    There's usually a way around most things. The Verizon disabled GPS is disabled in the hardware (from what I understand.) So, the little glitch in their OS is pretty easy to by-pass. I had no desire to be stuck with v4.1 any longer. I'm glad I went ahead. Now, if Sprint's v4.2 has something more (like multimedia or something) then I can always upgrade to that. At least, in the mean time, I'm not marooned on 4.1 any longer.

lraed74 no está en línea Stack level 3

So has anyone with Plazmic tried making a theme and it working with 4.2/8703e? I was under the impression you could tweak the today theme also...maybe this route to get something to work?

Mdeghym no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    306811da

I hated 4.2 so much and I wanted to go back i missed my orbital but now i like it lol.

gchaimovitz no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm in Canada and on the Bell network. It might take forever for them to release the upgrade. Where can I get a copy other than Verizon? I don't have a vzn # to enter for the download.

Could someone email to me at gchaimovitz@sympatico.ca please?

Thanks, can't wait to try!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

One other thing, I wish they would have put Spell Check in 4.2 like it is on the 8830.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    One other thing, I wish they would have put Spell Check in 4.2 like it is on the 8830.
    Was that possibly introduced with OS v4.2.2?

I bet you're right! Didn't think about that...

aexl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302723e6

I'm loving the 4.2, but I have noticed my GPS is dead...is that the verizon OS disabling it? Is there anyway to change this?

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

~via 8703e~ I have used a friends vzw number to get past the screen that asks for a # . But he has a berry . And I dont know if any number from verizon will work.
    So if you know a verizon berry user you can download the new os
    P

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by HeywoodJ View Post
    ~via 8703e~ I have used a friends vzw number to get past the screen that asks for a # . But he has a berry . And I dont know if any number from verizon will work.
    So if you know a verizon berry user you can download the new os
    P
    My non blackberry Verizon phone number worked just fine. I uploaded the file to mediafire. Its in my sig from one of the posts I did from the computer.

kublid no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm currently running 4.1 on my 8703e - I hve BES access through my company.

Question, if I upgrade to 4.2, will I have to re-activate my BES? or will all my settings stay? thanks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The activation automatically occurs, it will reset your theme to default. Other than that you should be good.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast