Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by Mdeghym I don't understand what I'm doing wrong all I seem to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mdeghym View Post
    I don't understand what I'm doing wrong all I seem to have downloaded is a new device manager.
    Be sure to read the page on vzw carefully, you have a couple of options very close to eachother. Make sure you get the device software, not desktop. I also linked the OS in my sig.

Mdeghym no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    306811da

Re: 4.2 OS released for Verizon 8703e!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so I just found out the overlord theme doesn't work with the new os that was pretty cool.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this means sprint is not far behind, I heard that sprint might by pass the 4.2 version and update to the final version 4.3 version. Did anyone install the 4.2 on sprint 8703e? We sprint peeps have to sit and wait for the 4.2 or 4.3 versions, what ever comes out.

lraed74 no está en línea Stack level 3

I installed it on my sprint, works really good for me and was well worth it!

That said.........

So I was trying to load a 4.2 theme, it shows in the list but wont activate beyond the zen and icon on there now. Any reason why? I had the original plazmic theme reader loaded on there which isnt needed now I thought. So I deleted that off and still unable to activate them.

Any good direction for this?

Mdeghym no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    306811da

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Be sure to read the page on vzw carefully, you have a couple of options very close to eachother. Make sure you get the device software, not desktop. I also linked the OS in my sig.

Thanks so much for your help I'm a real douche some times. I downloaded it this morning and installed it. But I'm gonna restore my BB when I get home tonight. I don't like it not a fan of change i guess. I miss my over lord theme it erased my gchat and it feels like it's running slower.

PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post
    I installed it on my sprint, works really good for me and was well worth it!

That said.........

So I was trying to load a 4.2 theme, it shows in the list but wont activate beyond the zen and icon on there now. Any reason why? I had the original plazmic theme reader loaded on there which isnt needed now I thought. So I deleted that off and still unable to activate them.

Any good direction for this?
    Did you reboot the phone after installing the theme? Sometimes that's required for them to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Did you reboot the phone after installing the theme? Sometimes that's required for them to show up.
    Yea, did that. The OS is 4.2.1 - from what I read, I need themes specifically for 4.2.1? 4.2.2 wont work, correct?

I'm not sure if the ones I downloaded were for 4.2.1 or they were 4.2.2

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats the problem that 8703e is having it runs slower on 4.2, will wait for sprint to release its own version, they are not far behind since verizon came out. They are monkey see nonkey do, they are followers not leaders and that sucks.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Re: 4.2 OS released for Verizon 8703e!

I stumbled upon a MAJOR benefit to the OS v4.2.1 upgrade on the VZW 8703e -- Bluetooth DUN (dial-up networking) now works! I assume that BroadbandAccess Connect is a prerequisite, which is enabled on my account for $15/month. I simply re-paired my Dell laptop to the 8703e, and I discovered that DUN was now an available service (which, of course, I enabled). I created a new DUN connection using the modem/port combo for the device with username of "1234567890@vzw3g.com" (substitute your BlackBerry number) and password of "vzw". And that's all there is to it -- I'm posting using the PC to Bluetooth DUN connection as we speak! No USB cable required!!!

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

I just noticed something. Anyone else (Sprint users who installed this VZW OS) now have a dead GPS? With BB Maps, I'm dead in the water... getting an "uncaught exception." Hmmm. That sucks.

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post
    Yea, did that. The OS is 4.2.1 - from what I read, I need themes specifically for 4.2.1? 4.2.2 wont work, correct?

I'm not sure if the ones I downloaded were for 4.2.1 or they were 4.2.2
    You are correct, you will run into OS dependence on some themes.

jiholl5333 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can anyone tell me if the CALENDAR APP is updated...on Pearls and 8830 with 4.2 you have an option to see days in the AGENDA VIEW with no appointments...the 4.1 software only showed days with actual appointments on them.

Also curious, do you think this upgrade makes the 8703e as a new purchase less obsolete than with 4.1....I dont love the 8830 and am ready to get a BB from Verizon???

thanks

I've received 3 missed calls and the icon/indicator for that will not dissappear now. I've rebooted, pulled the battery, I'm not sure how to get his off and its really kind of annoying. Anyone else have this?

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Re: 4.2 OS released for Verizon 8703e!

Quote Originally Posted by jiholl5333 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the CALENDAR APP is updated...on Pearls and 8830 with 4.2 you have an option to see days in the AGENDA VIEW with no appointments...the 4.1 software only showed days with actual appointments on them.

Also curious, do you think this upgrade makes the 8703e as a new purchase less obsolete than with 4.1....I dont love the 8830 and am ready to get a BB from Verizon???

thanks
    New options for Agenda View include:
    1. Show Free Time in Agenda View (Yes/No); and
    2. Show End Time in Agenda View (Yes/No).
    Based upon your Start Of Day/End Of Day settings, undesignated time is shown as free time if option 1 is enabled.

OS v4.2.1 definitely opens options with respect to third-party applications.

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is what I was affraid of, when sprint people install verizon update, your gps won't won't work, that's why I will be waiting for a sprint update.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast