If I were to install the 4.2 OS on my BB would I lose any ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

aexl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302723e6

4.2 OS Install Help

Advertisement

If I were to install the 4.2 OS on my BB would I lose any info/apps I have on it?
    There are some apps that I got for free, that you now have to pay for...
    Also I don't have a data package anymore, and I don't want to have to subscribe to one to get all my ringtones/themes back.
    Thanks.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 4.2 OS Install Help

There is no version 4.2 available for the 8703. Check here for the latest version OS for your device.

That said, with Desktop Manager and a newer OS installed on your computer, Desktop Manager would automatically detect that a newer OS is available for your device and start the Application Loader. Following the update wizard, your device would automatically be backed up and restored. However, if you're on a BES, you may need to reactivate the device.
    JerryD

vreed no está en línea Stack level 1

My problem is that Desktop Manager is not recognizing the new OS and I can't seem to get up to come up when I go to applications. I'm stuck. Any advise on how to upgrade?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Under Windows, and assuming a good install of Desktop Manager (or just Device Manager or just the drivers), you should see some activity in the System Tray when Windows first sets up your BlackBerry. When Windows is done setting the device up, you should get the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the System Tray.

However, when you start Desktop Manager for the first time (including the first time for a device, or the first time after installing ANY BlackBerry Software), it may not immediately connect to the device. If the device has a password, you may even be asked for the password, but Desktop Manager will still not be connected to the device.

If Desktop Manager's Status Bar does not say Connected, you need to select Options --> Connection Settings, and hit the Detect button.

If you're not getting the Remove Hardware icon in the System Tray, make sure you don't have any hidden icons - hit the < button to the left of the System Tray to display all icons, or RIGHT Click on the Start button, select Properties, change to the Taskbar tab, and uncheck Hide Inactive Icons.

Check all that out and let us know what you find.
    JerryD