Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sorry for the dumb question but was the 4.2 upgrade jst for vzw customers? i ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

elrey718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B82A8F

4.2 for sprint

Advertisement

sorry for the dumb question but was the 4.2 upgrade jst for vzw customers? i have sprint and i would love tht software.
    Who talks on the phone anymore. Email or PIN me, I will get back to you faster.

mjrascoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 4.2 for sprint

yup, first you need to get both the 4.2 desktop software and the 4.2 handheld software from the verizon site. After downloading, install both files. After install, before opening up the desktop manager browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete vendor.xml. then plug you BB in, open the desktop manager and it should prompt you to to install 4.2 to your BB. The only thing i problem i had upgrading my sprint 8703e was that the GPS in BB maps didn't work afterwards. to fix this i just deleted bbmaps and re installed it from the rim website. go luck

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

That about sums it up. I've installed it on 2 of our 8703e's from Sprint and they run fine.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjrascoe no está en línea Stack level 1

WillToThe no está en línea Stack level 1

Did the media player work on the BB after loading the one from the verizon site? I heard that it didn't work.

Thanks

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

I am a Sprint customer and have 8703e, and I installed VZ 4.2 software and it gives the media player when I play the ringtones otherwise i dont see it.

cpernell1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I attempted to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2; however, a little before this upgrade I tried to download a theme via BB (the theme required 4.2). Since I downloaded the theme before installing 4.2 my device is stuck on the hour glass/ black screen. Continuously alters back and forth? I need help asap.

I tried downloading and installing both the desktop and device 4.2 software.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

First remove the Battery for about 15 secs then replace if. If that doesn't work, then try this process, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected. Follow the process very carefully, be patient and don't worry if it doesn't work the first time, keep at it. Again Be Patient.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Question 4.2 for sprint

Okay... I have the phone back to manufacturer's state. Now I am looking to download the 4.2 desktop and device software however each time i download and install I cannot find the XML to delete.

I cannot get 4.2 install on my device. I need serious help.

PIN/ID
    312C4157

SO you have download both the desktop manager software and the device os? These will be two separate installs. Make sure you've actually installed both programs, then go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete vendor.xml. Plug in your phone and it should update.

I tried doing just that... however, I have sprint and i just cannot get it to work. I've been trying and trying since about 8ish this morning. I can download the desktop manager but I cannot get my device to upgrade from the 4.1 to the 4.2

oh and im trying to run the 4.2 on an 8703e

PIN/ID
    312C4157

Do you have a separate install file for each the desktop manager and the OS? The OS 4.2 is not included in the the download for Desktop Manager 4.2

The Desktop Manager will have a filename like BlackBerry_Desktop_Software_v4.2_Service_Pack_1__( English).exe
    The OS 4.2 will have a file name like 8703eEFSBP_PBr4.2.1_rel174_PL2.3.0.20_A4.2.1.106.e xe
    Last edited by DCookSta; 12-17-2007 at 03:07 PM.

pdxsurreal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C16DDD

Thumbs up Re: 4.2 for sprint

A note to Mac users...

I was unable to upgrade using Parallels (MacBook Pro, BB8703e Sprint...) Had to dig up an old PC laptop and install the Blackberry software on it. Once I did that though, the installation went through without a hitch.

I kinda like the new interface, but it seems a little sluggish to me. I had to reinstall Google Talk--for some reason, it was the only app that didn't get restored after the upgrade.

megabite no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ping

I've have a sprint 8703e and I just ugraded to 4.2 and everything seems great. I just had to reinstall gtalk and download the service books agin, but other than that works fine. For the people that says that it works slower what theme do you guys have loaded??? I see that depending the theme you will experience some delays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast