To start I can't restore my contacts or messages, but the worst of it is ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

figment no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2039eb1b

4.1.0.529 can't restore contacts or messages

Advertisement

To start I can't restore my contacts or messages, but the worst of it is I can't even add contacts after a fresh install without the error "Uncaught exception: net.rim.vm.missingnativeerror" I can't find anything about this error on the net either.
    I've also attempted the same with 4.1.0.528 (8707), 4.1.0.518 (8703) and got the same thing. Also when attempting anything that has to do with the messaging services then I get the same error. Frustrating! Reverting to an older release resolves the problem.

I'm trying to shed some light on this mainly because it should work! Such buggy(ness) should not occur. And the fact that when the DST changes take effect those of us who cannot update are SOL unless small patches can be applied (plus will 4.2 be out by then? Who knows... I'm not even sure if it would address the issue. I hope so!), on top of it I like to try out all the new releases so I can maintain and figure out what the best OS for my BB is.

Another thing, I got my 8700c December 2005, that's about when it was first released and I'm thinking it may be some form of a hardware problem because it seems that either you have the problem or you don't.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 4.1.0.529 can't restore contacts or messages

Did you install or remove anything from the BBs around the time the problem started?

Did you install the OS again to see if there was a problem with the install?

Did you try a battery pull?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

I tried several times last night to upgrade to 4.1.0.529 but was never successful, and had to restore back to 4.1.0.351..... when I upgraded to .351, I encountered no issues whatsoever.

PIN/ID
    2039eb1b

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Did you install or remove anything from the BBs around the time the problem started?

Did you install the OS again to see if there was a problem with the install?

Did you try a battery pull?

I've tried it all and the OS was left alone, it's a major bug of some sort. It's not just me, a few others over at blackberryforums have the same problem.

bukwit no está en línea Stack level 1

Are you using the 4.2 desktop or 4.1? I had problems restoring messages etc from 4.1 desktop on a 4.2 desktop after also upgrading the OS.

PIN/ID
    2039eb1b

Quote Originally Posted by bukwit
    Are you using the 4.2 desktop or 4.1? I had problems restoring messages etc from 4.1 desktop on a 4.2 desktop after also upgrading the OS.

Unfortunately yes, I've even gone back and tried the newest release of the desktop manager 4.2.1.