Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanx aloooooooooooooot for the help! Now, i want to connect my phone to my PC. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

angeleyes555 no está en línea Stack level 2

CONNECTING to PC

Advertisement

Thanx aloooooooooooooot for the help!

Now, i want to connect my phone to my PC. I have installed the software manager.......and i have its shortcut on my desktop. Now ehen i connect it to y phone, it says :no device found.
    i have enabled the USB to serial connectivity compatibilty........i dont know if some other steps are to be taken also during connecting.

So please tell me any/all steps needed to connect a phone to the PC.......anything that u think would be helpful(would be greatful)..........
    THANKING in anticipation..............

(Also btw, somehow i have started vewing this site in DUTCH and its SAVED, how can i get my English back>??)

AW: 3 problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx aloooooooooooooot for the help!

Now, i want to connect my phone to my PC. I have installed the software manager.......and i have its shortcut on my desktop. Now ehen i connect it to y phone, it says :no device found.
    i have enabled the USB to serial connectivity compatibilty........i dont know if some other steps are to be taken also during connecting.

So please tell me any/all steps needed to connect a phone to the PC.......anything that u think would be helpful(would be greatful)..........
    THANKING in anticipation..............

(Also btw, somehow i have started vewing this site in DUTCH and its SAVED, how can i get my English back>??)

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: 3 problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the issue of this site in Dutch:

Click on the third to last menu item just above where the similar post list is.
    Click on the 6th link in that menu.
    Scroll down to the bottom of the page and it should be the last or second to last box for language selection.

As for the PC connection issue, all you should have to do is connect the USB cable to the phone (there should be nothing you have to do on the phone), let XP install the drivers it needs (if not already installed), launch Desktop manager (V4.2 SP2 is recommended). If DM doesn't see the device, then go to options, connection settings, and see if it sees it there.

Zo

well , thats the problem.......the computer doesnt see anything.....although when i plug the USB converter in the phone, it lights up(may be connecting or something).....
    but i really cant see anything.....i go to OPTIONS and i ask it to DETECT and it doesnt detect anything(my ports are OK)!
    what happens when it is connected ????
    and what does the lighting up means(on inserting the usb converter)????

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

does your phone show some type of charge indicator when you plug the USB cable in? Have you tried a different cable?

Zo

proverbs200430 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you can try another usb port if that does not work try restarting pc with the device connected if that does not work you may have to uninstall and reinstall

@amigoo

my setting of showing LIGHT on charging is off , so it doesnt show any light , even if it is charged through CHARGER............but its screen lights up , when connected to PC.......
    i have tried using other cable , other USB ports...........also have uninstalled and then installed..........NOTHING WORKED

i got this CD from a friend , (he has 8707) mine is 8700..........does that matter???????

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You may have a corrupt copy of DM loaded on your comp. The LED doesn't change when you plug an 8700 in to charge but what does happen is that an indicator on the end of your battery indicator on the screen (I have seen a lightning bolt and a plug show up on mine) that tells you that it is charging. Plug your phone into a regular charger and check the screen. Once you figure out what icon it uses to indicate that it is charging, plug it into the computer and see if it shows up then. If not, you could have a bad copy of DM that is causing a driver issue or a bad USB cable which isn't allowing the phone to connect correctly to the comp.

Zo

@amigoo...........
    can u do me a bigggggggg favor?
    can u somehow send me the WORKING copy of the DM( i need to have it)...........i have tried all things................ports. cables, reinstallations..........
    can u help in tis regard???
    u can email me , just the NEEDED .exe FILE...........
    that would be a greatttttttttttttt help

any help?????????????????????????????

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Desktop Manager is available on the Desktop Software forum section of this site. I would suggest installing DM version 4.3 as this is the newest version.

Thanx.....
    i have annother question. is it possible to save texts on my PC, i mean , i have like 11k tests , is there any way of coping it to my pc???(coz actually thats the reaon that i want to connect to PC)

@ ERICA

i have tried downloading the version that u suggested, but it is downloaded in UNKNOWN FORMAT.
    i have windows XP SP2 , and the icon made is of UNKNOWN FORMAT........and this is the name of the file that i recieved on my PC
    PocketMacForBlackBerry4b.dmg

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You downloaded the Macintosh version not the Windows Version. PocketMac is for Mac. Desktop Manager is for Windows.

Zo

@ AMIGo

ok, thanx, i will try that tomorrow..........but , do u know anything abt saving text mesages(sms) on the PC from backberry........is there any way of doing it????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast