Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

For the Desktop Manager which contains the USB Drivers also go to BlackBerry Desktop and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 3 problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

For the Desktop Manager which contains the USB Drivers also go to BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Rcbjr

The Password keeper is not used for the Blackberry Password, but to store other passwords securely.
    To set a password, go to Options/Security Options/General Settings.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

angeleyes555 no está en línea Stack level 2

still waitingggggggggggg

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

1. Not sure.

2. The letter after the version number just primarily lets us know what carrier it was manufactured for. Here in the states c = Cingular and g = T-Mobile.

3. See Rcbjr's post.

4. See Rcbjr's post.

5. You have to be in the folder you want to recieve the item into and then click on the scroll wheel to pull the menu up. In the menu you want to scroll down to "receive via Bluetooth". You should be able to receive fine then from most phones (I know personally I can't receive any pictures from a Z3 for some reason).

6. Once you type in the password wrong on the 10th try it will wipe everything from the phone, reboot, and then you have the capability of entering your own password. What kind of password you use is all up to you provided that there isn't an IT policy in place requiring a certain number of letters/numbers/characters. You can find out if you have an it policy by going to Options, security options, general settings, and then scrolling to the very bottom of that screen. If it says anything about "IT Policy" and you are not on a BES (which I don't think you are based off of the info you have provided) then you may want to see about getting the IT policy removed.

Zo

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

angeleyes: i'm surprisedddddddddddd you haven't mentioned the problemmmmmmmm with your keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2.
    - Grabel's Law

@amigotek!

in Genral settings.......all i see is that Password is disabled , aand some other things , no mentioning of IT(by the way , im not using the blackberry services yet , im using it just as aphone, for the time being)..............
    one very important thing : if i enter wrong paswword , ALL data will be lost???? i mean, my contacts , my text messages???? no way of saving that???
    also , i should keep the PASSWORD disabled?????till i think of any crack? or is it that even if the password is disabled , still if wrong password is entered , i will loose daTA???
    and by data , i mean :EVERYTHING ON MY PHONE..........

coz amegotek , it says that "IF U ENTER THE WRONG PASSWORD , the PASSWORDS will be wiped"..............IT DOESNT SAY ANYTHING ABT DATA..........

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyes555 View Post
    coz amegotek , it says that "IF U ENTER THE WRONG PASSWORD , the PASSWORDS will be wiped"..............IT DOESNT SAY ANYTHING ABT DATA..........
    Password Keeper is an application that stores passwords. I use it to store other sensitive information, also. If you type in ten incorrect passwords into that particular application, the data (it calls "passwords") will be erased. Amigotek thought you were referring to the password for the entire BlackBerry. If you have the Berry passworded, and type in ten incorrect passwords, your Berry will erase all of it's user data and prompt you for a new password. Right now, if you type in a tenth incorrect password into the Password Keeper, you'll just lose the information in password keeper, not the entire BlackBerry.

6) i bought it from MKT , now i see that password keeper shows me "this is ur last try, if u r incorrect again , the passwords will be wiped .Atempt 10/10) "
    i want to know tha is there a way of resetting the password from the phone, i want to set MY OWN passwords , coz i want some privacy , evryone who gets his hands on my phone, starts reading my texts,,,,,,,,can i put locks on TEXT folder??? etc
    From your home screen, go to Options>Security>General Settings. Right now your password says "disabled". Change it to "enabled" and save. It will ask you to type in, and then confirm, a new password. From now on, all you have to do is lock the device and it will need the password, then no one can get to your personal stuff.

@mark/amegotek

so if i eneter a new password , i will loose only PASSWORD???? no information will be lost????? so thats like RESETING the password??no other damage to data??

and can it be done that password can be associated to ANY PARTICULAR folders or the whole phone will be locked????

@mark/amegotek

so if i eneter a new password , i will loose only PASSWORD???? no information will be lost????? so thats like RESETING the password??no other damage to data??
    Correct. The only data you'll lose is what's in the "Password Keeper" application.
    and can it be done that password can be associated to ANY PARTICULAR folders or the whole phone will be locked????
    The whole phone.

tipsneeded no está en línea Stack level 1

i am having the same problem as below ... has anyone solved this problem? (i think there might be something wrong with the blackberry indexer ... i have 1100+ contacts)...

ONLY ONE PROBLEM LEFT...........

@amigotek

It says tha i have 229 Entries, but i cant see them in address book, also , i cant SEARCH them.

One more thing , if i call some number by dialing the NUMBER(not from contact list/anything) the mobile does show the NAME of the person, but I CANT SEARCH even that contact manually.....

wating for ur help amigo.....
    or anyoneeeeeeeeeeeee

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I missed the statement about the password keeper. I didn't think about that one since I don't use it. Thanks for the correction Mark.

Zo

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    I missed the statement about the password keeper. I didn't think about that one since I don't use it. Thanks for the correction Mark.

Zo
    No prob. The questions are a little cryptic --

Originally Posted by angeleyes555
    ONLY ONE PROBLEM LEFT...........

@amigotek

It says tha i have 229 Entries, but i cant see them in address book, also , i cant SEARCH them.

One more thing , if i call some number by dialing the NUMBER(not from contact list/anything) the mobile does show the NAME of the person, but I CANT SEARCH even that contact manually.....

wating for ur help amigo.....
    or anyoneeeeeeeeeeeee
    Two things: If your contacts are on your SIM, they initially don't appear in your address book, although you will see the name display when making/receiving a call. Copy your SIM into the Berry's memory, and they'll appear. If that ain't it, then open your address book, click the trackwheel to open the menu, and scroll up to Filter. Choose Filter and then make sure all of the boxes (if there are any) are not checked.

Thanxxxxxxxxxx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast