Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hi to all.... i have a 8700 Black berry and thats all i know about ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

angeleyes555 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 3 problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Hi to all....
    i have a 8700 Black berry and thats all i know about it.
    i have 3 major issues with it , till now(only 3 days , since i bought it)
    plzzzzzzzzzzz help me with it , im not very good t such stuff
    1) When im writing a text after writing 4 lines if i want to go in the MIDDLE of first row , i cant . The track wheel takes me to either the START or END of the row but any other word can not be reached , so i can Never edit the text fom that part.

2) i have tried to Copy contacts from SIM to the address book and it shows that the contacts have been copied BUT , i can NEVER search the contacts , and even if i MANUally add any contact to the address book, i cant see it in the address book, it still remains empty.(it may sound veryyyyyyy dumb but its happening)
    3) i bought it from a friend who got it from some other country , so now the problem is that if i try to call a contact , it AUTOMATICALLY gives 0049 as the code to it and i have to type the COMPLETE number , is there any way that i can do some setting that the CODE is 0092(as im in pakistan).

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz help me!
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 11-06-2007 at 06:28 PM.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: 3 problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello there Angeleyes and welcome to the stacks.

I don't have an 8700 so the suggestions might not be exact for your model.

On number one if you go to the row you want then hold the alt key when you scroll it will go left and right.

Not sure about the second one.

On the third problem, if you go into your call history, bring up the menu, go to options, smart dialing, you will see the country code. You can change it there. Again, hopefully the options are the same on your model and OS version.

I hope this helps.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

1) make sure your not in select view under options.
    as far as the other two im dont have the slightest idea.

@ffmike

Thanx alotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt! u have been a GREAT help , and both the problems that u discussed have been solved............

now , all i am troubled with is the CONTACT LIST........... can u tell me how to add the contact? i mean , i do add it but for some reason , the address book of the phone is NEVER populated , REAMAINS EMPTY.

Thanx alotttttttttttttttttttttttt again , im really thankful.
    by the way , what do i have to do to attach it with my PC? i have the USB data cable , but i dont have any intaller cd? any chance of finding it n net??? any help in this regard !

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Open the address book and click the scroll wheel. Scroll up to Filter and make sure that none of the items are checked. It sounds like the address book is being filtered out. You can confirm that by looking at the top of your address book when you open it and seeing if there is a second line under "Find" that says something like "Business", "Personal", etc...

On the Desktop Software, go to your provider's site and dowload it through their help link. You can usually find it by doing a search on their site for "Blackberry Software".

Zo

@amigotek! Thanx alot for ur help , i appreciate it!

In my phone, there are NO categories defined in My PHONE(in filter ) i checked.
    and after opening the address book, all i can see is :
    Find:
    *No Address*

Plz suggest further ,coz YES, there seem to be some ENABLING of some option that is making the contact list EMPTY.

Thanx alotttttttt for helping till now , kindly SUGGEST further.......

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

I was able to find the software by going to the blackberry web site. You can try there to see if hey have it in your region.

ok, will try that,

ANYONE , plzzzzzzzzzz help me with the CONTACTS problem................

any guesses or suggestions/>???????????/

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Just to check something, click on the scroll wheel in your address book and scroll down to Options. Click there and see how many entries it says you have in your phone.

Zo

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3

1) hold alt + scroll and you can get into the middle of the line

ONLY ONE PROBLEM LEFT...........

@amigotek

It says tha i have 229 Entries, but i cant see them in address book, also , i cant SEARCH them.

One more thing , if i call some number by dialing the NUMBER(not from contact list/anything) the mobile does show the NAME of the person, but I CANT SEARCH even that contact manually.....

wating for ur help amigo.....
    or anyoneeeeeeeeeeeee

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

When you bring up your contact list is there anything in the top find line. If there is something in there that you don't have a contact for like a "." Then it will say no addresses. It sounds like something is filtering them out.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~In your address book select options then make sure you do not have either group selected. This will show all addresses.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I am at a loss now as to where to go from here. If all the above suggestions haven't worked but the device acknowledges that the contacts are there (based off of calling and the number of entries it says you have) then you may need to backup, wipe the unit and reinstall everything.

Zo

thanx alotttttttttttttt ! all 3 of the problems are solved........
    now i have new

1) i want to know that , is it possible to make groups and send the message to the whole gropu?(can be as small as 5 people ....like broad cast?? )

2) everyone here says that , they have 8700 g , 8700 c or whatever , how can i chk mine, coz i thikn that its only 8700........

3) How can i get it connected with my PC?(veryyyyy important , as i dont have its Installer CD)

4)i cant get it chaged from USB(ofcourse , coz its not connected ) all i hav is the USB converter , is there any software to be installed to connect it to USB.??

5) i can use the bluetooth device with it , but i cant seem to GET things from other's mobiles through bluetooth tranfer.....

6) i bought it from MKT , now i see that password keeper shows me "this is ur last try, if u r incorrect again , the passwords will be wiped .Atempt 10/10) "
    i want to know tha is there a way of resetting the password from the phone, i want to set MY OWN passwords , coz i want some privacy , evryone who gets his hands on my phone, starts reading my texts,,,,,,,,can i put locks on TEXT folder??? etc

i have seen lotsssssssssssssssssssssss of helpful people here , who really like to help , like ffmike , amigotek , tai etc..........i hope everyone else is helpful too.....
    UR HELP NEED GUYS........

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast