I used to own a lg9800 and recently just got my BB 8703e for Verizon. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

FameCity23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B7B501

160 Charater Limit in SMS Messages

Advertisement

I used to own a lg9800 and recently just got my BB 8703e for Verizon. On my preivous phone there was no 160 charter limit with the SMS messages as long as the message was to another verizon customer. My question is, has any way been found out to get rid of this limit and if so how. It is a HUGE annoyance as I email just about as much as I text message and it would be great if anyone would help me out here. Thanks!

Fame

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: 160 Charater Limit in SMS Messages

Not sure if it is a carrier limitation or an SMS limitation, but I have a 160 charater limit on my Cingular BB and Verizon E815.

PIN/ID
    32B7B501

Thats odd. On my old phone I was able to go way past that. As long as it was directly to another Verizon Costumer.

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

I'd love some feedback on this one too. Anyone out there?
    Ladies and Gentleman we are floating in space....
    "God didn't do that, you did that you fat @#$%"

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

with cingular my 8800 will let me type as long as I want up to like 2500 carachters on sms it just breaks it up into multiple mesasges. And based on the traning that I just went to on saturday that is the way its supposed to be

PIN/ID
    32B7B501

I think it may have either to do with Verizon and/or the 8703e. I am not sure which and am not good at fixing this stuff so I am looking for outside help.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Even if we could determine if it was a phone issue or carrier issue I don't know much we'd be able to do about it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think it's a carrier issue. I previously used a Treo 700w on Verizon and my SMS messages was limited to 160 characters.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Same with T-Mobile. Every phone I've had (except my SideKicks) has a limit of 160 characters per text. However, on my SideKick, that limit is stretched to allow a single text to be the equivalent of 20 text messages. It sends it in parts.

About Concatenated Text Messages

If you wish to compose a message that exceeds the maximum number of characters per message (approximately 160), you can do so simply by continuing to type past the maximum number. You'll know when you've crossed the limit by looking at the message count indicator below the message or at the Compose screen title bar. In the example shown below, the message has grown to the equivalent of two messages.
    When you send a long message, the message is broken into "parts", which are then concatenated (linked together) when the message is received. You can compose up to the equivalent of 20 messages. Note that your wireless operator may charge you for the equivalent number of messages.