Well, Windows Phone 7 was launched a little more than a week in the States, ... Windows Smartphones forum

Dixie5566 no está en línea Stack level 1

Windows Phone 7 should help open up the market a bit

Advertisement

Well, Windows Phone 7 was launched a little more than a week in the States, and I’ve been a bit curious about how the OS is fairing. One of the things that I’ve been most excited about is the fact that all the major phone manufacturers, like HTC and Samsung, are launching whole new lines of phones for every service provider. I think it’s great that the selection of smartphones is finally growing. In terms of UI, it still hasn’t proven itself, but should still help Android show up iOS and the iPhone.

web3221 no está en línea Stack level 1
    am not even thinking of going there, it's generic ugly user interface, and beware of the ipod business model ms is going to so:

F.Y.I.

Windows Phone 7

No:
    .Expandible Memory
    .Copy and Paste (2011)
    .Flash 10.1
    .HSPA+
    .FFC
    .Teathering
    .Multi-Touch

Techie_Jr no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by web3221 View Post
    am not even thinking of going there, it's generic ugly user interface, and beware of the ipod business model ms is going to so:

F.Y.I.

Windows Phone 7

No:
    .Expandible Memory
    .Copy and Paste (2011)
    .Flash 10.1
    .HSPA+
    .FFC
    .Teathering
    .Multi-Touch
    Since this post is a little cryptic, let me clarify a couple of things:

There is no expandable memory but, at least on my HD7, the phone comes with a preinstalled 16 gig memory card. That should hold most people, even those with over 2,000 songs, adequate space and some extra too.

Copy and paste functionality will be released with the update Microsoft is releasing on the phones this month (March, 2011). Not bad considering WP7's only been up and running for 4 months now.

Tethering is an option. Here's a link on how to do it: HTC HD7 / Dell Venue Pro / Samsung / LG WP7 Device Tethering

Multi-touch is standard to all WP7 devices

While it's a new OS, Microsoft is investing a lot of time and money into making this platform the next big thing. It's only been out for a couple months and Nokia has already agreed to have WP7 running on all their new devices. While this may not seem like much to the U.S. market, internationally Nokia is one of the big wigs and has a huge market share in Europe. I'm excited to see what's coming down the pike.
    Last edited by Techie_Jr; 03-02-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Clarification