Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Maybe an operating system that works w/o bugs, unlike this bs from RIM.... Windows Smartphones forum

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: What Does Windows Mobile Has That Blackberry Doesn't

Advertisement

Maybe an operating system that works w/o bugs, unlike this bs from RIM.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

jofl81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Rim compress emails so they are only ever 2Kb whereas WM you get the whole shebang. Not good when the data rates are as high as they are in Australia.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Smile Re: What Does Windows Mobile Has That Blackberry Doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    Maybe an operating system that works w/o bugs, unlike this bs from RIM.
    One "feature" of the iPhone, that the BlackBerry lacks, is that you get a 7 day vacation from the iPhone when you must return it to Apple for battery replacement at the low, low price of $105 USD, plus shipping, tax, and then when they send it back, you have the pleasure of wiping off the fingerprints they left from handling it like a rear view mirror out of a used car........Brilliant.... Just Brilliant Apple!

Then as far as Windows Mobile is concerned.... well that is quit a story on it's own.
    After years of WM availability, they still do not integrate 100% with their very own product known as office.

I give Steve Jobs and company a lot of credit for whipping up the crowds in such a frenzy, causing them to lose the ability to think, replaced by an unshakable desire to empty their wallets on anything with the prefix of i

Jobs, is a world class ringmaster..... .... P.T. Barnum would be proud.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    One "feature" of the iPhone, that the BlackBerry lacks, is that you get a 7 day vacation from the iPhone when you must return it to Apple for battery replacement at the low, low price of $105 USD, plus shipping, tax, and then when they send it back, you have the pleasure of wiping off the fingerprints they left from handling it like a rear view mirror out of a used car........Brilliant.... Just Brilliant Apple!

Then as far as Windows Mobile is concerned.... well that is quit a story on it's own.
    After years of WM availability, they still do not integrate 100% with their very own product known as office.

I give Steve Jobs and company a lot of credit for whipping up the crowds in such a frenzy, causing them to lose the ability to think, replaced by an unshakable desire to empty their wallets on anything with the prefix of i

Jobs, is a world class ringmaster..... .... P.T. Barnum would be proud.
    LMAO HAA HAA HAA HAA

MagicPotion no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24145BBE

LOL Look at the history of windows and compare it to the history of BB... that should be enough said of which one I'd rather run..

I had a Motorola MPx220 for about a week before the phone eventually gave up and started becoming more of a pain than anything else. It was slow, unorganized, unresponsive, irritating and everything you would expect from a Windows 3.1 machine.

Now when you hit the pearl on my BB, it moves, all the time no matter what, I spend about 10 seconds a day waiting for something to load or to do something with it. Its not even half the time I spent messing around with windows mobile.

Basically... Windows Mobile gets pwned by BB

shaelrosey no está en línea Stack level 1

windows mobile has crashes and run 32 errors and bb doesnt

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Man, everybody is drinking the haterade on WM today. I'm not a fanboy myself, Blackberry for life, but I'll play devil's advocate here for a second.

I like that flexibility that windows mobile has. You can manipulate files in ways that you can't on a Blackberry. It seems you have a bit more control and flexibility over the os. Which, in a way can lead to vulnerabilities and unreliability as opposed to BB. The video capabilities, recording and viewing, outshines a Blackberry any day of the week. You can download files and sync with other devices in a much wider range than a Blackberry. And then all those WM 3rd party apps available...

But all that said. The email capabilities and solid reliability of a Blackberry will win me any day.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

easily crackable software.. thats the best thing about my other phone which has WM6 on it. i havent had to pay for anything since i bought the phone. plus its much more customizable and displays websites better. ive personally never had a problem with my cingular 8125 (htc wizard).

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Anyone who has used Win Mobile for any length of time knows what a piece of junk it is. At first people thought it was just CE, then 5, well I've used WINMO 6 Standard AND pro editions and they both suck as bad as CE did years ago. As a guy who has used more cell phones than you all put together I can honestly say Windows Mobile STILL has a very long way to go. Even on the Tytn II/AT&T Tilt it lags/hangs, that's not okay considering the hardware that phone has under the hoold is enough to take over a small government....
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

robertm no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have both a BB and a 6.1 Windows Mobile (with slide out QWERTY keyboard).

The WM comes in hand nicely when I am on the road and I need to use a lot of office apps, etc. The BB is great as a daily phone with email included. Smaller, and more convenient.

I have the BB Connect on the Windows Mobile aswell.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The crashes are the worst thing. You measure WM6 uptime in hours, not days or weeks. Sure BB requires an occasional battery pull, but WM is far more frequent.

I spent most of my day with my Blackjack WM6 in my pocket wondering if the device crashed, or if it was just a slow day and I was still recieving calls/emails/sms. The funny thing is, it would sometimes just crash the radio part. It would show service, just not be able to make or recieve calls. I eventually just started adopting the habit of rebooting it twice a day trying to pre-empt a crash. I didn't even do any crazy hacking with it. The thought of hacking it a little was somewhat appealing, except that with every hack it made the device potentially less stable. Say what?? It wasn't stable right out of the box!!!

Web surfing on 3G using Opera Mobile (not Mini) and Skyfire was nice, but not at the price of always wondering what important call you might have missed because your phone is stuck on stupid.
    Last edited by Erievon; 10-15-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Windows mobile pros:
    Skyfire
    First to get fennec
    Has opera mobile
    Has a very pretty window icon
    Pisses off people

Cons: peice of crap
    Lags
    Super slow
    Bill gates is an *******
    Email sucks
    Do I have to go on? Trash windows get blackberry!!!!!

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Pocket Nester! (NES emulator) the only reason i picked up a WinMo phone.
    phatman the phat stacker!

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    That sums it up to a T.
    Amen Erievon.

Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    The crashes are the worst thing. You measure WM6 uptime in hours, not days or weeks. Sure BB requires an occasional battery pull, but WM is far more frequent.

I spent most of my day with my Blackjack WM6 in my pocket wondering if the device crashed, or if it was just a slow day and I was still recieving calls/emails/sms. The funny thing is, it would sometimes just crash the radio part. It would show service, just not be able to make or recieve calls. I eventually just started adopting the habit of rebooting it twice a day trying to pre-empt a crash. I didn't even do any crazy hacking with it. The thought of hacking it a little was somewhat appealing, except that with every hack it made the device potentially less stable. Say what?? It wasn't stable right out of the box!!!

Web surfing on 3G using Opera Mobile (not Mini) and Skyfire was nice, but not at the price of always wondering what important call you might have missed because your phone is stuck on stupid.

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    damn it was supposed to be a list of thing WM had that BB didnt have... i would say Apps for sure, OS flexibility for sure and the ability to flash a custom ROM FOR SURE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast