I currently have a storm, looking at buying an Omnia possibly. Does anyone know if ... Windows Smartphones forum

hitdog042 no está en línea Stack level 3

Verizon Samsung Omnia questions

Advertisement

I currently have a storm, looking at buying an Omnia possibly. Does anyone know if winmo has a Facebook application yet?

Also, is google talk available?

Lastly, will it sync with Google Calendar and contacts like the Bberry will (with google sync).

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    Introducing FriendMobilizer, a free application for Windows Smartphones and Pocket PC's that puts Facebook into the palm of your hand.

Features Include:

+ Notifications sent directly to your home screen
    + Set your status
    + Upload photos
    + Approve friend requests
    + View Group/Event invites
    + Check your wall and inbox
    + Send your friends messages, pokes, and wall posts
    + Get notified about upcoming birthdays and relationship changes
    + View your friends' pictures and profile information
    + Memory card installation supported
    + Available to both US and international users
    + Application is fast and won't slow your phone down

Get it here: http://faceofmobile.com

For Google Talk, you could use a program like Beejive http://www.beejive.com/

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    I had the Omnia before i got the STorm.... and the facebook app thats made for WinMo is very crappy...... your better off just logging onto the site from the phone.. the reason i got rid of my Omnia was because i hated the keyboard in landscape mode if it had suretype it would have been awesome....... and the Samsung Media player had a difficult time with movies and certain media formats for music.....

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    forget about omnia if you have a storm. I have both and find omnia good for winmo apps. the things you are looking for are better on storm

Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    forget about omnia if you have a storm. I have both and find omnia good for winmo apps. the things you are looking for are better on storm
    the only reason I was looking was the fact it's a smaller phone and lighter. But from what everyone is telling me, I should stay with blackberry.

Those 2 phones, to the best of my understanding, are my only two options with Rev A 1XEV, right?

Quote Originally Posted by hitdog042 View Post
    the only reason I was looking was the fact it's a smaller phone and lighter. But from what everyone is telling me, I should stay with blackberry.

Those 2 phones, to the best of my understanding, are my only two options with Rev A 1XEV, right?
    And I see winmo now just got google sync. hmmmmmmm. At least they are making it interesting.

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    I was miserable everyday with my Omnia looking over at such apps on the storm as Facebook, Myspace, AIM, YIM.....

Quote Originally Posted by williamsj83 View Post
    I was miserable everyday with my Omnia looking over at such apps on the storm as Facebook, Myspace, AIM, YIM.....
    The storm aint all it's cracked up to be either. I wish VZW had the bold or even the latest Curve with rev A.

No such luck. It's like Verizon has one phone.... the Storm. Everything else appears to be junk.

scems911 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just got rid of my storm and have the Omnia. I absolutely hated the storm, had nothing but problems with it. It took me a few days to get used to the Omnia, but i like it much better. its a lot faster than the storm, doesn't have freezing issues and its nice not having to do a battery pull all the time. I have facebook and myspace on it and it looks great. They keyboard takes some getting used to, but i found that using the mouse cursor is a lot easier than messing with the stylus. If u hate your storm, switch to Samsung!!