I'm not sure where to post this but I have a windows 6.5 phone and ... Windows Smartphones forum

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3

synching outlook contacts

Advertisement

I'm not sure where to post this but I have a windows 6.5 phone and I'm trying to sync to my outlook contacts. I'm using Windows Mobile Device Center (because I'm on Windows 7). I am able to sync but the "File As" option in my Outlook Contacts files the names as last name, first name. I want it to be first name last name. I have gone into tools>options> and changed contact options but it's still in last name, first name.

This is driving me crazy so any help would be appreciated. I just want to be able to change the "file as" option in Outlook 2007.

OR if anyone has a way I can sync my device to google contacts wirelessly. (i know it can be done through the device but I am already set up on one exchange account)

adnank no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi.... you can first take your all contacts in csv format, then check which field you would like to keep, if your last name appears as middle name in csv file then simply change the heading of that column after making required changes upload your csv file to outlook or outlook express and run active sync application connect your windows mobile with it and sync your contacts accordingly, I have made a presentation on synchronizing BB contacts with outlook or outlook express, if you are interested to get it then simply let me know via message I will forward it to you.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    There's a .99 cent app that I found in the Windows Marketplace, called Contact Changer. Well worth the buck. I've synced contacts through my gmail and through Outlook, and never could get my contacts Firstname Lastname. The app does exactly what it says.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks guys. I did indeed come across the app a few days ago and all was well again in the world =) I don't know how this setting was overlooked