So I have this T-Mobile Dash, and I want to sell it and get a ... Windows Smartphones forum

red_5 no está en línea Stack level 2

Symptoms of a bad battery

Advertisement

So I have this T-Mobile Dash, and I want to sell it and get a Pearl, but it keeps dying on me every 5 minutes. I suspect the battery may be the culprit, and here's why:

It never dies while on the charger

When I boot it back up, it shows a battery with an exclamation point (!) for a mimute and then goes to 2 or three bars

I can watch the battery percentage drop rapidly in the power management settings area

it will stay on for about 15 minutes unless I'm using it

What do you think? I really want to sell this...

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    After checking to see that the contacts on both the battery and the phone are clean and making good contact,and it's still doing as you discribe.You can either try to sell it with the warning that a new battery is needed or buy a new battery for it and make sure that's the cause of it's trouble.Then sell it without the worries about complaints coming back at you(just in case it wasn't a bad battery issue).
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Ok that sounds good. I'm still looking for some input from other people to decide if this really is a bad battery and do I want to spend money on a new one, or if this is a bigger issue and just blow up the phone. I've already done a factory restore on it and that didn't help...

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Quote Originally Posted by red_5 View Post
    Ok that sounds good. I'm still looking for some input from other people to decide if this really is a bad battery and do I want to spend money on a new one, or if this is a bigger issue and just blow up the phone. I've already done a factory restore on it and that didn't help...
    It's always good in my opinion to (when possible)not rush into a hasty conclusion.There are a lot of smarter people here than I,and it'd be silly not to take some time to hear their opinions if offered.I hope everything works out for you.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Alright, thanks. I'll wait for more input