hello,dear all how can i get the number of remaining PIN attempts from sim card ... Windows Smartphones forum

orangeman198211 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question sim pin attempts left

Advertisement

hello,dear all

how can i get the number of remaining PIN attempts from sim card on windows mobile?

thinks very much

Quote Originally Posted by orangeman198211 View Post
    hello,dear all

how can i get the number of remaining PIN attempts from sim card on windows mobile?

thinks very much
    Good afternoon, and welcome to the Stacks

The amount of PIN attempts is not set by the device's Operating System, but by the SIM itself at the discretion of the service provider. T-Mobile gives you three tries, but I'm not certain what other providers give you. I assume it's three also, but may be different.

If you lock your SIM by typing in too many incorrect numbers, a call to your service provider will solve the problem.

Cheers! :d

MagicSpring52 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same issue (i.e. reading out the *remaining* attempts, i.e. after failures, so it can differ from 3) and just noticed the msdn google match was updated by some answers. It seems some personal page has a solution to it, I'll email the author for the source code (sorry cannot post a link here as I'm a newbie member and forum sw doesn't let me. The msdn forum has the link.)

Moller212 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I wouldn't do without my pre.although i don't know if it is just my phone but every time i install preware after a few days i get phone offline in top left corner then it ends up freezing tried reebooting to no avail!had to use webos doctor to scrub my pre however have since installed apps via webos quick install and had no problem so i just do without preware its not worth the grief!

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812
    I ran into this issue while exploring file manager. I accidentally triggered SIM LOCK while scrolling and had to call tech support to fix it. Seems if you enter SIM LOCK in that manner, it doesn't load the default pin 1234, so it won't unlock. I power cycled the phone, accessed the pin lock (Send>menu>options>pin code: on) and set a custom pin code (I hadn't done that previously, so the old one was 1234, a step that was missing when I accessed SIM LOCK from file explorer) and never had the trouble again. I don't know if that will help your situation, but it might help someone.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.