Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Oscar, I have to agree with you here. This move will have ... Windows Smartphones forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: RIM Announces New BlackBerry Application Suite for Windows Mobile-based Devices

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Oscar, I have to agree with you here. This move will have pros and cons yes, but I think it boils down to an agresive move by RIM for even more of the corporate market share.

The 8820 wifi and the 8320 Wifi+cam will address some of the lack of multimedia talk. But let's look long trem here... current BB users even if they purchase a non-bb device to try this out, 90% will get frustrated and return. (Look for those type post on pinstack over the comming months).

But the large market of non BB users that soon will be cornered by their companies to the new virtual OS and its email/corporate solutions will see the the offerings and advantages of BlackBerry and end up loosing their taste for windows mobile. But we can only wait and see esp after we've got to review the virtual OS etc before we can really draw full conclusions.

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

Re: RIM Announces New BlackBerry Application Suite for Windows Mobile-based Devices

I wonder if there will be a version for the iPhone...

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Yeah and let me just buy OS X for my PC - let's see how long that lasts!

adaye06 no está en línea Stack level 1

RIM should have definitly gave us the oppourtunity to use Mobile Windows for our BlackBerry's. The Windows operating system is on a different platform from our devices. Not saying it's better but I feel short changed not being able to experience the best of both worlds.

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by adaye06
    RIM should have definitly gave us the oppourtunity to use Mobile Windows for our BlackBerry's. The Windows operating system is on a different platform from our devices. Not saying it's better but I feel short changed not being able to experience the best of both worlds.
    I venture to say that I think windows OS would be to much for the processing power of the BB. I may be wrong. But the BB OS has a very light footprint compared...

PIN/ID
    ask

A great read from Forbes: RIM To Broaden Virtual BlackBerry Business

tamparican no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E29C6B

Smile Re: RIM Announces New BlackBerry Application Suite for Windows Mobile-based Devices

I think its BS and its not right IMO..The reason i chose the BB was for exclusivity, and the fact that WM based phones werent able to have the same platform we share. Now they get the best of both worlds, and us LOYAL BB fans get shytted on, . Yea sure the Post mentions benefits for everyone BUT US LOYAL BB fans, we get nothing out of it IMO..RIM does generate more sales on their internet and corporate plans B/c Now they can tap into the millions of non-blackberry devies out there, but how about we get something too?!?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

It could be the beginning of the end of WM device os. A very bold move, nothing but good for RIM.
    Now why would anyone allow that?
    Answer: WM device os is horrible RIM is heads and tales ahead.

Looking forward i think RIM is the one who will gain. WM devices will be a thing of the past.

emmanuel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F577A3

Any release date available?

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by emmanuel
    Any release date available?
    Fall as it will work with WM 6.0

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Like what was aiad earlier, the fact that we have the 3rd party app is a plus in itself. Not to mention the fact that we have a stable os minus having to tap into virtual enviroment. We as bb users have the true os on our handsets and are still able to maintain all of the features that we love. I wouldn't trade any of that for the headache that a wm handset could have. Trust me I just got a treo today and I'm having major os issues!! Things like this will create the opportunity for rim to shine!! all we need is for rim to push there software further for us current users! Ie media,cam,attachment viewing from emails.

When those things are implemented that would be a great thing!! But all in all I still see this as a great thing!!!

Dinkberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B66C69
    Quote Originally Posted by tamparican
    I think its BS and its not right IMO..The reason i chose the BB was for exclusivity, and the fact that WM based phones werent able to have the same platform we share. Now they get the best of both worlds, and us LOYAL BB fans get shytted on, . Yea sure the Post mentions benefits for everyone BUT US LOYAL BB fans, we get nothing out of it IMO..RIM does generate more sales on their internet and corporate plans B/c Now they can tap into the millions of non-blackberry devies out there, but how about we get something too?!?
    You do get something, imagine the BB os in the hands of millions more, developers drooling at the user base actually considering porting their apps to the BB os. Personally if I wanted a WM device I would have gotten a Q or Treo the only thing BB need is an affordable way to edit MS documents, where will be plenty of good from this.

Long live the BB os and the devices that run it

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    "Users who download BlackBerry's "virtual application" will be able to see the same rows of icons that appear on the screens of BlackBerry devices, according to the report.

The software can be launched by clicking a BlackBerry icon on the screen of a non-BlackBerry device, The Journal said. When closing the software, the non-BlackBerry device returns to its original handset screen, the story said.

Selling software could help RIM gain more subscribers to its wireless -email service and widen the appeal of the brand, but it could also cannibalize its BlackBerry device sales, still around 73% of the company's revenue."
    That's their own fault. Those of us who use CDMA always seem to get the sausage when it comes to new blackberrys, having to wait months or long while the slower, older GSM carriers get them right away. Plus Blackberry OS with a touch screen would be cool.

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2

The big problem with this is that even though it may look like a Blackberry, its still running on the buggy, crash prone Win mobile OS.

JayceeBBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f2fc08

I dont think that BB should a not let any other phone to use their application because could cause the sell of BB to go down
    DJayCee (((( Spin Doc )))) Mr.Exclusive

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast