I have a brand new Asus Eee PC netbook with Windows 7 Starter 32-bit. I ... Windows Smartphones forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Need Help Synching Windows 7 Starter With Windows Mobile Device Center

Advertisement

I have a brand new Asus Eee PC netbook with Windows 7 Starter 32-bit. I installed WM Device Center 32-bit and it will charge my HTC Touch Pro 2 but it won't sync. If anyone knows what to do before I take this back and get the Dell with Windows XP I wanted, I appreciate the help.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Do you Microsoft Office or Outlook installed?

Windows mobile device will only sync with Microsoft Outlook Full version (the version that is loaded with Office). It will not sync with Live Mail. This actually applies to all windows machines and windows mobile devices. There are other mail programs I think will work with it (such as Lotus Notes) but no free ones that I know about.

Zo

I have Microsoft Office 2010 installed.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    What error message do you get when you try to sync?

Does it recognize the Outlook you have installed?

Are you able to see the phone as a memory card reader?

All I see when I open WMDC is "Not connected" in the lower left side of the screen. I have looked for Outlook and thought it came with Microsoft Office but I can't find it anywhere. Also, the PC does not recognize the phone as a drive or memory card reader.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Check the settings in the phone and see what mode it is in under connections. Make sure the connection mode is either sync or modem. If the computer is charging it then it saw it long enough to load the drivers but it may not be in the correct mode to do anything else. Outlook does come with Microsoft Office but it can be unselected during install. If you can't find it (on Windows 7 Home Premium it shows up under Microsoft Office submenu prior to use and on the main list afterwards) then I would insert the disk and tell it to install outlook.

Zo

Not sure what I did but I just connected the phone with a different USB cable and the netbook finally discovered the TP2 and is synching with One Note. Now I gotta somehow be able to afford Outlook to be able to sync my contacts and calendar.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You mentioned you had Microsoft Office. If you still have the install CD then you should be able to reinstall Outlook (it may have been deselected during initial install). If you have the trial version of Office (which is now loaded on a lot of new notebooks) then it may not come with Outlook preloaded.

Zo

I have a full version, but because this is a NETBOOK, I don't have a way to install it. There was no CD either. This was all setup at Best Buy by my family without me there as a gift for my birthday.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    There are portable DVD drives that plug into USB (some use dual USB so you can power it as well instead of plugging into the wall). You can also network onto a desktop or another laptop and use that units drive over the network. You have to tell the computer to allow sharing on the DVD/CD drive to make this work. I have done this personally to install software on a computer with a failed DVD drive.

Zo

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    There are portable DVD drives that plug into USB (some use dual USB so you can power it as well instead of plugging into the wall). You can also network onto a desktop or another laptop and use that units drive over the network. You have to tell the computer to allow sharing on the DVD/CD drive to make this work. I have done this personally to install software on a computer with a failed DVD drive.

Zo
    Plus one on this - I use an Asus Eee PC also. It has three USB ports, and attaching an inexpensive cd/rom drive is easy. I got a Panasonic for about $40 at Best Buy. Right now, I have the computer set up to dual-boot Windows and Linux; I use the Windows side to do maintenance/backups on my Boldie, and the Ubuntu Linux side for everything else.