Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My company just dropped Palm and is switching to WM, so I now find myself ... Windows Smartphones forum

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59

Need a Recommendation

Advertisement

My company just dropped Palm and is switching to WM, so I now find myself in the market for a device that runs WM and has a touch-screen, since I need to collect signatures directly on the device. Any recommendations? I'd appreciate the help!
    Many thanks!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Samsung Omnia
    Hands down!

Check it out at Verizon.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Would have said HTC touch Diamond or Pro, but these are battery guzzlers. Yea, Omnia is good. Sleek, good battery, good touch response, nice screen and a great 5.0 mp camera, finger mouse, motion sensor, rotate animation, etiquette (when activated, put your phone face down and voiala - sounds temporarily muted, except wakeup. Face up, sounds back to normal). The Samsung Widget is also a pretty smart looking user interface. The rest is windows 6.1

PIN/ID
    26853B59
    HMMMM... Thanks for your responses- I was actually in a verizon store checking out the Omnia this afternoon- it is a nice device.... any other suggestions? Anybody have any input on the Fuze? Those also caught my eye...

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    I have the Fuze and love it more customizable than any other phone.
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

PIN/ID
    26853B59
    The business card scanner on the Omnia- I LIKE IT! I can really use that as well.is there something similar to that for the Fuze? And how about for Blackberry, for that matter?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    The card scanner is part of the Fuze plug in and can import it in to the contacts list also check out www.xda-developers.com
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

Quote Originally Posted by riff_raff View Post
    The business card scanner on the Omnia- I LIKE IT! I can really use that as well.is there something similar to that for the Fuze? And how about for Blackberry, for that matter?
    Not that I know of for the BB.
    Which sounds strange for a business class phone!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

PIN/ID
    26853B59
    So far every ATT store I've been didn't have a Fuze to show me- not even their dummy display phones which got stolen- so I don't have anything to base an opinion on yet... but that Omnia's got me thinking....

Quote Originally Posted by riff_raff View Post
    So far every ATT store I've been didn't have a Fuze to show me- not even their dummy display phones which got stolen- so I don't have anything to base an opinion on yet... but that Omnia's got me thinking....
    Unless you are in a big hurry to get a new phone, take your time, check the specs, and decide what's right for you. Not what's right for someone else.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have had a change of heart. My service with TMobile is better since I switched from my 8120 to the SideKick 3 so I have decided to stay with TMobile.

I've checked out the phones on TMobile and the Wing has the keyboard that is similar to the SideKick 3 I'm currently using. I could also use some recommendations about this phone, but for personal usage.

My usage follows:

Full keyboard for heavy texting/emailing/instant messaging

Moderate calling

Decent media player so I can stop carrying 2 devices (I carrry one of my ipods and my phone with me everywhere).

Supports at least 8 GB MicroSDHC cards and can hotswap up to 32 GB media cards based on OS

OS 6.5 with the ability to upgrade to OS 7 (I'm aware that the Wing comes with 6.1 but can it handle those 2 upgrades?)

Onboard memory and battery life are also important (anyone remember the specs for this phone? I'm not at a PC right now).

I have the following 3 questions about the Wing.

Is the OS upgradable to 7.0?
    What's the largest media card it can hold?
    What is the onboard memory of the phone?

Thanks for any suggestions, or if anyone knows of any newer phones that are similar to the Wing that I should hold out for.

GRRRRRR...so many phones to pick from. Anybody used the Pantech Duo or Pantech Matrix Pro?

Thoughts? Battery life? On-board memory? Build quality?

I love the dual sliding keyboards on both phones.
    Both have WM, however the Matrix Pro has WM 6.1 on it (the Pantech Duo has WM 6.0).
    Also, the Pro is slightly longer which translates into a better phone for my messaging needs.

I will be testing these phones out in the store so I will be able to make a decision.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-04-2009 at 11:38 PM.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Erica, I had the Wing and it worked pretty good. Have you checked out the G1. I heard it works pretty well. Good luck with whatever you choose.

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    G1 is still in its infancy. I have it and have loaded it with all possible applications available. Still not ready to replace any other phone in the market. All of its firmware and third party apps still have some way to go, although I have upgraded it from RC 19 through to RC 33. The battery isn't good either. Needs recharging twice/thrice a day, if I use data services

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Erica, I had the Wing and it worked pretty good. Have you checked out the G1. I heard it works pretty well. Good luck with whatever you choose.
    Not really interested in the G1. I'm really looking for Windows Mobile this time around. If a GSM version of the Treo Pro doesn't come to a carrier soon, I may be getting the Wing or the Pantech Matrix Pro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast