I went to a meeting of the Akron Linux User Group tonight. There were several ... Windows Smartphones forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

members of a local Linux User Group liked my device

Advertisement

I went to a meeting of the Akron Linux User Group tonight. There were several people who had Androids, one iPhone/iPad user, and one BES BlackBerry user. When I set my device on the table, everyone recognized it, due to its distinct cyan color.

The folks at the meeting wanted to see and play with my device. They loved the display, the Live Tiles, and the interface. The Android and iPhone users were impressed. The BlackBerry user wanted to see Netflix and Angry Birds.

Linux users tend to dislike all things Microsoft; however, all of the folks at the meeting were impressed with my device, and none of them disliked it.

The guy with the BlackBerry 9900 said he only has it since his company requires it. He will get something else as soon as BYOD is allowed.

Several members mentioned their dislike of hourglassing and battery pulls with BlackBerry.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes yes....when's that review coming along ?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    . The BlackBerry user wanted to see Netflix and Angry Birds...

.....Several members mentioned their dislike of hourglassing and battery pulls with BlackBerry.
    The first, the BB user, shows the general interest and need that BB users have for a better multimedia experience. Listen to this RIM...the second issue, heck I'm glad I'm over those. Again, RIM please get rid of the need that damn hourglass !

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    Yes yes....when's that review coming along ?
    It's come, and everyone read it already.
    You were probably busy with Chokem, Jay, the iPhone and the G2 threads...
    Take a look HERE.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Unix users getting soft, beginning to like Microsoft, I don't believe it, they probably did their best to ignore that the phone was using Microsoft and pretended it was made by Windows Glad the phone is working out for you, when BB10 comes out everyone will migrate back, you know is 2013, RIM is basing things on the Mayan calender.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2