Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Just got my L520 and I feel like a kid in a candy store with ... Windows Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

just got my Nokia Lumia 520

Advertisement

Just got my L520 and I feel like a kid in a candy store with a $1000 budget as I really like the clean simplistic UI which is also used in 3rd party apps as well. This phone and os is supper fast and responsive, Internet explorer is brilliant, I don't known why its so underrated.

sound quality and volume is beyond excellent both in call volume/clarity and speaker phone (loud speaker)

this phone has a pretty good camera too.

one thing I really appreciate is how fast and well this phone works with EDGE (2G) , I don't really need 3G anymore except for YouTube and video streaming. I have however noticed a hiccup (not permanent or bad enough to be called bugs) such as the keyboard flashing in and out the second I open it but it looks like it's fixed now.

but absolutely no laggs or freezes.

also haven't really found any apps lacking that I generally use however I miss opera browser and BS player and what's app was much better on Android as on WP you can't search what's app messages or use a custom background.

as for notifications, I do miss the Android notification tray a little but I'm getting the hang of live tiles, just make sure that all apps that you get push notifications for have live tiles on the home screen or you could experience a little bit of a goose chase finding the app.

although as much as I like it, Android has spoiled me with all the feature ritch apps and available choices and I miss my 3D a little bit so it will take quite some time for me to settle down with my L520.
    Copy and paste was better on Android too.

battery life so far is very disappointing as I should get about 5-6 hours of browsing but only get 2-3 so far, I'm not sure if the battery just needs to balance out.
    Last edited by KTW; 02-27-2014 at 03:37 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Congrats on the new toy! Glad you're enjoying it.
    KTW likes this.

KTW
    Thanks

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Congrats KTW. Nice smartphone. It has evrything the bigger family members have. It has, best of all, Nokia Black. Have you updated it yet? Looks like 8.1 is going to be massive as well and it's just around the corner apparently. Enjoy it.
    KTW likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Congrats on your new phone, Windows has come a long way!
    KTW likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Well done. I might have to try one of those.
    KTW likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Congrats KTW. Nice smartphone. It has evrything the bigger family members have. It has, best of all, Nokia Black. Have you updated it yet? Looks like 8.1 is going to be massive as well and it's just around the corner apparently. Enjoy it.
    I have to wait for my WiFi data plan to renew before I can update but first want to check on Google if the update has any bugs...looks like I'll be getting the 8.1 update as well, probably may or June.

are you still enjoying your Lumia 1020 ?

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Well done. I might have to try one of those.
    going into the store and trying out a display model is what made me want a Lumia, you don't need to buy, just try a display model...its worth knowing what each ecosystem is like even if its not for you.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Congratulations KTW..
    KTW likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Yup still enjoying the 1020, using it to take pictures a lot at the moment whilst I am deciding on what SLR to buy.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

KTW
    Just updated to Lumia Black. Now I wait for 8.1

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Yup still enjoying the 1020, using it to take pictures a lot at the moment whilst I am deciding on what SLR to buy.
    get a Bridge camera, more value for money. I got the canon SX50hs...good camera with a 35mm-1200mm zoom

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post

are you still enjoying your Lumia 1020 ?
    Nope. I passed it on to my eldest son.

KTW
    been a while...learn t a ton about regional settings...i wasn't supposed to as windows was was meant to be simple and not complicated like android...so you learn.

ive also found excellent windows apps that have no close android alternatives as far as quality goes. such as Bing sports and ESPN F1 and ESPECIALLY Photosynth (a panorama app that can take and view a full circular sphere) just missing BS player a little though.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    cool!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast