Hey folks, My company just gave me an iPAQ 910c to use for business instead ... Windows Smartphones forum

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2

iPAQ 910c audio issues

Advertisement

Hey folks,
    My company just gave me an iPAQ 910c to use for business instead of the Blackberry curve 8300 I have been using. I've only had it for two days now, and I already have to say I despise the thing. But that aside, since I do need it for work, I do need to make sure I understand how it works, and get it to work properly.

So far, this is the issue I've seen. First of all the audio is very quiet! I've got it set all the way up, and it's almost inaudible. This is going to be hard to hear any of the urgent pages that come through. But it seems that if I use a bluetooth earpiece to make a call and then turn off the earpiece, that the audio gets even quieter, and will not get any louder until - you guessed it - you REBOOT the device! (just like a windows machine. Grrr.) Has anyone out there ever seen anything like this before, and is there any kind of a fix? Patch, FW Upgrade, etc? Thanks!

-capT

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    There is supposed to be a WM 6.5 OS release later this year but try setting it on Vibrate to see if that works better for the notifications. I haven't used wM in a while so I'm not sure about the call volume.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well, I guess here is the answer....

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/...readId=1265640

Not a very good answer. Especially since it looks like HP has known about this for almost 5 months now, and still hasn't done anything about it. I guess I better check with my manager if it is possible to send it back and get something else that works.

-capT