Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Well day 8 with the 1020 and I'm not sure what is going on with ... Windows Smartphones forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Well day 8 with the 1020 and I'm not sure what is going on with the battery. Got up and took it off the charger. Three hours later I look at the phone and the battery is down to 75%. Checked and nothing open on the phone. At 4 and a half hours off the charger and just 3 text messages later it was down to 65%. Had one other day when the battery dropped to fast so not sure what to do with it

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ben, take a look at your running apps in the background. You can control some of them.
    I have no hassles with mine yet regarding battery or whatever. It holds 4G quite consistently. If 4G isn't available for you, or it's patchy, change the telephone settings to 3G only. The constant search for 4G is renowned to sap battery.

Nothing was showing as running in the background. We are 3G here but every now and then I get 4G but only one to two bars if I do. Would think if it was the 4G problem it would happen everyday since I'm home most of the time. Will have to look and see about switching that off. Could do it on my 9900 but never found it on the Z10

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I normally get about 14 hours on my 1020. I do find however if positioning/GPS is turned on it quickly drains the battery or the camera drains the battery. Other settings for syncing can hurt.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ben go to Settings>>Mobile Network and set to maximum 3G. Your browser will still work at H+ and sync is just as fast. Also by pressing the back button make sure your apps aren't running unnecessarily. Like Dave says GPS drains any battery. Or the camera app.

Well I don't see mobile network under settings. Is your AT&T? Wonder if they support that.
    Also I did press the back button and found nothing showing as it was running but did reboot phone and the drain stopped so not sure what it was. Was not having a problem when I put the phone on the charger last night but did this morning. Like I said I took it off the charger when I got up and it sit beside be for 3 hours before I looked at it and noticed the drop. After checking everything and send those 3 text messages I got a battery draining too quick alert from my battery app for some reason and that is when I did the reboot.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nope, I'm not on AT&T thank-you Out here in Europe we don't, and from what I hear we don't need it.
    Stsnge you don't have Network settings. Damn.

I had them on my Blackberry 9900 on ATT but not on this one or the Z10. I wish the carriers would quit locking thing down like they do. I think that is what causes some of our problems. I know on my Z10 it's the lack of newer OS that is part of my problem with it. Blackberry will confirm I don't have the newest but also says there is nothing they can do if ATT doesn't push it out.
    I've not seen my phone go over to 4G here at home today but that doesn't mean it's not trying. When I rebooted it today it took for ever to find the 3G

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am with AT&T in Calgary and there is nothing on the phone that allows me to do limit the network 3G or 4G. My phone is currently on 67% it is now 10 pm and I took it off of charge at 6am this morning. I am using the camera email phone, but have location services turned off and only sync over WiFi when I am at home. I haven't used the USB to sync yet. Difficult to understand what is using the battery. I have pretty strong 4G here, but in the innermost sanctum of the office there is no coverage on the 1020 whilst the 9800 gets EDGE. Of course the 1020 could be searching.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Just to prove a point. Obviously AT&T has you guys tied up. Shameful.

LINK for 3G Settings Pic

This one has 3G locked up! With it you can still get H+

And now the setup changed to 4G:

LINK for 4G Settings Pic

Just so you guys know!
    Last edited by Delfim; 08-25-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    dushdavj likes this.

Don't see any pictures, but I believe you. On the news the other night the announced ATT would have 4G LTE up and running before the end of the year but I'm not sure if that will reach me or not. I locked out my 4G on the 9900 because it seemed like when I was in a 4G area it drained my battery. Right now for me ATT says the nearest tower to me is 7.8 miles from my address and it's a 3G so not sure how far away the tower is I get 4G from time to time. I only see at most 2 bars.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Use PC to see the pics. Another hiccup. I can see them on my phone...

I'm on my laptop. Maybe I should try the phone

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'll repost via Dropbox later on.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I posted links on the pics Ben. Just scroll up. Maybe you can see them now.
    Last edited by Delfim; 08-25-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast